User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll second that good advice. It's what we did, rented a hybrid model for our 4 week Maritime tour. Instantly got hooked to RVing and it also helped us realize what we liked and didn't liked.
    Make yourself a must have, must not have and a nice to have list before your next purchase.
    Also, renting an RV first before buying will let you discover if RVing is for you or not. It's not for everyone.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I'll second that good advice. It's what we did, rented a hybrid model for our 4 week Maritime tour. Instantly got hooked to RVing and it also helped us realize what we liked and didn't liked.
    Make yourself a must have, must not have and a nice to have list before your next purchase.
    Also, renting an RV first before buying will let you discover if RVing is for you or not. It's not for everyone.

its not, I Just know it will be for me, since we had a motorhome as a teen and loved it.. I know its something for me

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have my 16ML on order with the AIM package and extras. I think it is a great little rig and look forward to not being on the ground anymore. It fills in all the checkboxes for my wife and a different set of boxes for me.

I do understand most folks say tandem axles are the best (obviously the extra axles/tires do come in handy and can take some weight off the hitch) but we looked at the 17MKE also.

The slide has to be open to use the bed. The 16ML bed is more like the older 17MKE with the E/W bed and more can be used without opening the slide.

We saw this in Hershey, and we were assured that in Tampa we could compare other manufacturers while there. Well that was not the case as of the 15 new models coming out, only 4 competitors / dealers brought them for us to compare.

So we got to looking and decided to purchased the 16ML with the AIM option, but not from the show, but had discussed with Myers in Hershey and they came back with an even sweeter deal.

So we will let you know how it goes. We drive a 2017 Volkswagen Touareg Wolfsburg edition with 7716 towing and 770 hitch (16ML is 4795 GVWR and 412 Hitch with approximate 1100 lbs of load (incl any water when we need it) and we have a scale to weigh all of our stuff, and we are at 500 lbs with kitchen, bath, clothes and RV equipment, interestingly enough.

Not sure about the Capital griddle as yet because I cannot see any reviews.

Good luck, stay in touch

Murph

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawgmurph View Post
    I have my 16ML on order with the AIM package and extras. I think it is a great little rig and look forward to not being on the ground anymore. It fills in all the checkboxes for my wife and a different set of boxes for me.

I do understand most folks say tandem axles are the best (obviously the extra axles/tires do come in handy and can take some weight off the hitch) but we looked at the 17MKE also.

The slide has to be open to use the bed. The 16ML bed is more like the older 17MKE with the E/W bed and more can be used without opening the slide.

We saw this in Hershey, and we were assured that in Tampa we could compare other manufacturers while there. Well that was not the case as of the 15 new models coming out, only 4 competitors / dealers brought them for us to compare.

So we got to looking and decided to purchased the 16ML with the AIM option, but not from the show, but had discussed with Myers in Hershey and they came back with an even sweeter deal.

So we will let you know how it goes. We drive a 2017 Volkswagen Touareg Wolfsburg edition with 7716 towing and 770 hitch (16ML is 4795 GVWR and 412 Hitch with approximate 1100 lbs of load (incl any water when we need it) and we have a scale to weigh all of our stuff, and we are at 500 lbs with kitchen, bath, clothes and RV equipment, interestingly enough.

Good luck, stay in touch

Murph
    Thats awesome.. ty for your feedback and yes about the tandem axles, Ive been getting the same, but its just me and I don't know if I could swing the cost of a 17MKE as a single person and I prefer the azdel walls..

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure there's an additional 200W package available? My Imagine has the "solar package" from the factory and it's only one panel. Some of those "packages" aren't really options as they're all spec'd with those packages from the get-go.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uwskier View Post
    Are you sure there's an additional 200W package available? My Imagine has the "solar package" from the factory and it's only one panel. Some of those "packages" aren't really options as they're all spec'd with those packages from the get-go.
    The AIM pkg consist of an additional 200 W panel on the roof, a 2000 W inverter, tire pressure, monitoring system, a backup camera with monitor, untamed, terrain, Goodyear tires, and a max air vent with rain sensor. This additional package is $2760.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrispyjCSLT22 View Post
    The AIM pkg consist of an additional 200 W panel on the roof, a 2000 W inverter, tire pressure, monitoring system, a backup camera with monitor, untamed, terrain, Goodyear tires, and a max air vent with rain sensor. This additional package is $2760.
    That is correct. There is some sort of auto leveler included also

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn’t know ab the auto leveler but that’s awesome.. Check your PMs when you get a moment

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are no auto levelers on any Imagine product.

The AIM optional package includes what is described above.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck, stay in touch

Murph
    Looks like you're new here Murph, welcome to the forum. This is a great place to learn from fellow GD owners. Appreciate that you shared some of the details of your story, keep us updated as you go along.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast