User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Forum - What's this dump handle for?

Hello All,

New here to the Forum. We just purchased a "new to us" 2018 328M. I've pretty much went over the whole coach and figured things out. Either by past RVing, trial and error or YouTube.

Unfortunately, I have a dumb question and am not sure where it should go, so here it is: On the left side of unit there is two visible T-handles to drain the fresh water. One for and aft of the axels. Next to the one aft of the axels and hidden a bit inward is a black T-handle where the cable runs to the opposite side. I have no idea what this may be for? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you,

James
    "The Newb Guy"
    Last edited by traveldawg; 01-12-2023 at 02:41 PM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JML2018328M View Post
    Hello All,

New here to the Forum. We just purchased a "new to us" 2018 328M. I've pretty much went over the whole coach and figured things out. Either by past RVing, trial and error or YouTube.

Unfortunately, I have a dumb question and am not sure where it should go, so here it is: On the left side of unit there is two visible T-handles to drain the fresh water. One for and aft of the axels. Next to the one aft of the axels and hidden a bit inward is a black T-handle where the cable runs to the opposite side. I have no idea what this may be for? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you,

James
    "The Newb Guy"
    Welcome to the forum James, glad to have you with us. Hope you're enjoying the coach. I don't have your model, so can't help there. A picture might help others to know which handle you're referring to. And please feel free to keep the questions coming.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi James, welcome to the forum.

I'm going to guess that one of those handles is for the grey water tank (kitchen & bathroom sinks and shower); one if for the black water tank (toilet); and one is to dump the fresh water tank (as in empty it on the ground like when you flush the fresh water system).

As Stephen pointed out, someone here with the same model as you will know exactly. Soon you will see others comment,.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Everyone here is eager to help out.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Valve Handle Pic's

Thank you for the replies. Attached is a pic of one of the fresh water drain valve handles (white) and the unknown (black). There is also a pic of the black and gray valve handles in the compartment.

Thanks you again,

JML
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2214.jpg   IMG_2213.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Photos helped a lot. Let's hope someone with that model can help us.

I edited the title in your post in hopes of grabbing someone's attention.
    Last edited by traveldawg; 01-12-2023 at 02:43 PM.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When you have the sewer hose hooked up, give it a pull! If it flushes out the sewer line, it is a second gray tank. If it dumps on the ground, it is a fresh water drain.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The larger Toy Haulers have a main Black, Grey, and usually two fresh water tanks. Then there is another tank in the rear and it is a Black/Grey combination tank. If the T.H. has a half bath there, the sink and commode will feed into the rear tank. Also, the washing machine if one is installed. On mine, a 2018 Momentum 394, there is also a separate sewer outlet back there that the combo tank dumps that way.

So I am assuming that you have a setup for washer/dryer prep.....a hot and cold water source to hook up the washer, and a pipe to run the washer discharge into. The handle that you have pictured would dump that tank, and since there is no 1/2 bath back there, the tank simply becomes a grey tank from the washer discharge.
    Last edited by xrated; 01-12-2023 at 03:52 PM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like xrated has shed some light on the unknown handle. The 328M's do not have a rear restroom, but do have washer/dryer hookups and a drain inlet. So...........That must be the handle for the grey water w/d holding tank. I had no idea that would be a separate holding system. Next time were out, while dumping, I'll be sure and pull the handle to be sure it is empty. Hopefully, it is, since the hookups still have the factory plastic covers on them.

Once again,

Thank you to all who help with my question,

JML

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JML2018328M View Post
    Looks like xrated has shed some light on the unknown handle. The 328M's do not have a rear restroom, but do have washer/dryer hookups and a drain inlet. So...........That must be the handle for the grey water w/d holding tank. I had no idea that would be a separate holding system. Next time were out, while dumping, I'll be sure and pull the handle to be sure it is empty. Hopefully, it is, since the hookups still have the factory plastic covers on them.

Once again,

Thank you to all who help with my question,

JML
    I'm pretty good at shedding light, but sometimes I just don't know where it's shining!
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi James, that should be your kitchen grey tank. The one labeled grey tank under the black tank will be your bathroom grey. I have a 2018 328M and that's how mine is set up. Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast