Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I pull behind a Reflection 150 230RL

Hello:
    We love our 2019 Reflection 150 series 230RL, but would like to pull a quad trailer behind. I can find no information regarding this idea. Where would I look? The quad trailer loaded would weigh less than 1,500 pounds with a hitch weight less than 500 pounds. Is this doable and safe for the fifth wheel?
    Thanks tico333

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tico333 View Post
    Hello:
    We love our 2019 Reflection 150 series 230RL, but would like to pull a quad trailer behind. I can find no information regarding this idea. Where would I look? The quad trailer loaded would weigh less than 1,500 pounds with a hitch weight less than 500 pounds. Is this doable and safe for the fifth wheel?
    Thanks tico333
    Easily doable but you need to check laws regarding it. Not allowed everywhere
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few things to consider on this subject. Some states allow double towing, some do NOT. And then there is the overall length laws that mandate the total length of the vehicles. And that requirement/law goes state by state also, just like the double towing regulation. So in order to double tow, it must be legal in the state that you are in and the state that you will be travelling in....And the overall length of the truck/trailer/trailer must not be over the limits prescribed by that particular state. It will take some google foo to locate that info in a search, but it is certainly out there for you to find.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I think that some states may require a specific license (or endorsement) to tow trailers of longer length.
    Bobby K.
    2021 Reflection 150 260RD
    2016 Ram 2500 CTD
    Central Maryland

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leatherman View Post
    Also, I think that some states may require a specific license (or endorsement) to tow trailers of longer length.
    It's not length; it's the combination GVWR (usually over 26,000 lbs. combined with a trailer > 10,000 lbs. GVWR). Last count, I think there were 13 states that require a non-commercial exempt class A license. There are maximum lengths for truck and trailer(s), but they don't have anything to do with the drivers license requirements.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's doable. I don't know if the Reflection 150 has a factory hitch. If it does it has a 300# tongue weight rating.
    Check the state overall length rules. Here in Ontario it is 75 feet. I pull a 16'5' bowrider aluminium boat behind our Reflection. I'm 73 feet long.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997