User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandadcast View Post
    Thanks, Hey I have those, I didn't know they had a manual switch. While in the garage I tested them, and they do light up towards the front/side and looks like it might work.

Thanks everyone for good ideas.
    FYI our(Ford) spotlights turn off automatically is traveling above 5mph. There are overrides you can do to make them useable at all speeds, I used YouTube. Also if you use ForScan you can program your fog lights to illuminate the direction you are turning, mine were flipped opposite for some reason, i.e. left turn right fog light.
    Phillip
    2021 F250 King Ranch 6.7L PS SRW SB CC 4x4 Tremor, 35k inverter, 60gal S&B tank.
    2019 312 BHTS, MORyde CRE300, five leaf 6k leafsprings , MORyde heavy duty shackles.
    Non Destructive Examiner- Oilfield Trash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a former state trooper, I hate to rain on your parade but I'll caution you about a white light that illuminates to the sides. Red, white and amber light locations on vehicles are dictated by law and you may find yourself in a place where you ended up being cited for it if an officer takes exception to the idea.
    Jeri, Honey & Char
    2019 GD Momentum 376th
    2022 Ford F350 Crewcab 4WD SRW Diesel Longbed

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeririgged223 View Post
    As a former state trooper, I hate to rain on your parade but I'll caution you about a white light that illuminates to the sides. Red, white and amber light locations on vehicles are dictated by law and you may find yourself in a place where you ended up being cited for it if an officer takes exception to the idea.
    Nobody is advocating driving down the highway with such lights on. The disscussion is about backing into a campsite at night safely. If a trooper with an attitude happens to be there...it's not a good place to camp.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    Nobody is advocating driving down the highway with such lights on. The disscussion is about backing into a campsite at night safely. If a trooper with an attitude happens to be there...it's not a good place to camp.

Maybe you arent but you might want to read his statement again. First line states driving down the road at night ALONG with times he had to turn into campsites

There was also discussion by one or two who talked about putting on additional side lights and tieing them into the turn signals and thats why I said be cautious it could be illegal. Sorry that offends you so.
    Jeri, Honey & Char
    2019 GD Momentum 376th

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeririgged223 View Post
    Maybe you arent but you might want to read his statement again. First line states driving down the road at night ALONG with times he had to turn into campsites

There was also discussion by one or two who talked about putting on additional side lights and tieing them into the turn signals and thats why I said be cautious it could be illegal. Sorry that offends you so.
    I am not offended at all. I suggest you go back and read the OP again though. As for some of the responses, I think they should be addressed individually using the quote function as I have done.
    The idea has merit, and I know it is done from the factory on some TVs. My current TV has this feature.
    Last edited by huntindog; 01-26-2023 at 05:06 AM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    I am not offended at all. I suggest you go back and read the OP again though. As for some of the responses, I think they should be addressed individually using the quote function as I have done.
    The idea has merit, and I know it is done from the factory on some TVs. My current TV has this feature.

Good to hear your not offended. Guess you have some other issue that causes you to have to post a flippant response in lieu of actually contributing anything to the conversation. I did read it and understood what was being said which is why I commented my experience and suggestion, just like all the others. As for the TVs that are already equipped, those are light assemblies approved by federal law not a separate light added on by us. The post was asking for pros and cons, suggestions of what they might be able to do. (Do I need to quote that for you to locate it again?) Well you can do anything but we still need to think about the legalities of everything we do, like it or not and some of the most trivial things can end up being completely illegal. Either way it's clear you have nothing to offer, you're just one of those that isn't happy and likes to make ridiculous remarks and argue. Lifes to short to put up with your attitude. Been there, done that.
    Jeri, Honey & Char
    2019 GD Momentum 376th

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Move along and leave the disagreement behind, agree to disagree .
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about how I wrote this. My problem was with two campgrounds on our two-month trip and of course there are no streetlights. It was at Skidaway Island State Park, GA that had me wandering there must be a way. We started our turn on this little road that leads to our site number, it was pitch dark, and it was a good 120 degrees turn towards the driver side. It was so dark we could not see tree nor road just a black void of nothingness. If I had not turn that turn three to five times before I would have given a flashlight to the wife and had her get outside for directions. Now that I know that I can turn on the side lights with a button (thanks for the information as this is a new truck with tons of buttons), I could of turn it on and it would have allowed me to see all the trees, lots of trees, and that tiny one lane road. Having the lights go off after a set speed is actually to me, a great setup. I personally do not like a vehicle heading my way at night with tons of lights on. Being an amateur astronomer, loosing night vision I know takes ten or fifteen minutes to get it back. Not good. I go out my way to not put any kind of lighting towards anybody, homes or car. Also found that my truck has an automatic dimmer system, way faster than I can, and it never forgets to dim them either (let not talk about leaving wipers on, after all it is a rite of passage to do so).

Jess
    Dark sky of the Texas Hill Country
    2022 2600RB
    Renogy; 1050 Watts Solar, 3000 Watt Inverter, Rover 100 Amp MPPT and DCC50S
    2022 F250 Lariat Godzilla 7.3L

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandadcast View Post
    Sorry about how I wrote this. My problem was with two campgrounds on our two-month trip and of course there are no streetlights. It was at Skidaway Island State Park, GA that had me wandering there must be a way. We started our turn on this little road that leads to our site number, it was pitch dark, and it was a good 120 degrees turn towards the driver side. It was so dark we could not see tree nor road just a black void of nothingness. If I had not turn that turn three to five times before I would have given a flashlight to the wife and had her get outside for directions. Now that I know that I can turn on the side lights with a button (thanks for the information as this is a new truck with tons of buttons), I could of turn it on and it would have allowed me to see all the trees, lots of trees, and that tiny one lane road. Having the lights go off after a set speed is actually to me, a great setup. I personally do not like a vehicle heading my way at night with tons of lights on. Being an amateur astronomer, loosing night vision I know takes ten or fifteen minutes to get it back. Not good. I go out my way to not put any kind of lighting towards anybody, homes or car. Also found that my truck has an automatic dimmer system, way faster than I can, and it never forgets to dim them either (let not talk about leaving wipers on, after all it is a rite of passage to do so).

Jess
    IF you wanted to have more control over your lights there is this option..... https://limitlessautoworksllc.com/pr...r-ride-harness

I think in the older trucks you could use ForScan to control the speed at which those lights turn off, but I haven't see it for the newer models. I wish there was an option. There are times it would be handy. For now I just carry a handheld spotlight when I want to see the side of a road for turning or maneuvering.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12