Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

310GK-R roof caulk failure

I have a 2022 310GK-R. Rv was bought new ib February of 22. I took it in for a roof inspection and all of the caulk around the skylights, front cap and win guard were cracked and in need of replacement. This unit has not seen 3 weeks of sunlight. Has anyone else experienced this caulk failure in less than year?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laoutlaw View Post
    I have a 2022 310GK-R. Rv was bought new ib February of 22. I took it in for a roof inspection and all of the caulk around the skylights, front cap and win guard were cracked and in need of replacement. This unit has not seen 3 weeks of sunlight. Has anyone else experienced this caulk failure in less than year?
    I have been up on my roof several time already since we bought in may and repaired caulking each time. Thinking about doing eternabond in the spring and not worrying about it again.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just talked to Alph roof systems and the are telling me the caulk has a 1 year warranty. I sent them pictures.. Waiting to see their response.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours was built in Dec and arrived at the dealer late Dec/early Jan. Dealer re-caulked 3 corners on the roof which had gaps when they inspected after arrival.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I routinely head up there with a caulking gun and touch up cracks and gaps. Find a few every 6 months or so. I also found a mail or a screw coming up from underneath on one of the slide out roofs. Put a little square of eternal bond on that one. I have yet to attempt to remove any calk.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been in contact with Alpha roofing systems warranty department. the caulk is warrantied for 1 year. They have approved mine for re-caulking under warranty.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly why we went with RV Armor coating on our roof. In 4 years had just some cracking on the very back edge where the roof meets the back wall trim, and our RV dealer resealed it. The rest of the roof looked great!

Now if it fails, RV Armor warranty fixes it for life (or until they go out of business - let's hope not).
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you know when it was built?

A 2022 model could have been built in June of 2021, and is a 2022 model....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my ordered ‘22 last spring, and I’ve touched up some cracks already. I think some of it was voids that revealed themselves. Anyway, you can wear yourself out getting warranty work on the little things. RVs are gonna take maintenance… @trailrydr has the best solution, especially if planning to keep it many years.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You coach was no doubt built well before your purchase. By the time you bought, it could have been up to 8 months old based on model year changeover in RV production. Additionally, as I manufacture TPO commercial membrane, I can tell you there were a lot of challenges sourcing raw materials for some of the accessories such as lap sealant. Wouldn't surprise me at all if their material at the time inferior, but then again it's only a one year product to be inspected regularly and your rig probably has more than a year of age since built. Before their being bought, Alpha would have sent you complementary tubes to reseal with, but who knows now...
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast