Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2017 297 reflection

Bought this last year and replacing the sound system. And also figuring out the a\v system. Tried using the cable hookup at a campground and couldn't get it to work so going thru adv and trying to figure out wht it isn't working.
    The previous owner had dish with wally so I am going get a month subscription to some trouble shooting. I want to test the cable and satellite feeds into the camper.
    My question is this. Can I use the cable and satellite jacks to see if I can get a picture to both tvs? To make sure I have everything setup correctly for video and make sure the sound comes thru my new sound system.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The coax setup can be a bit confusing and sometimes unreliable. In order to use cable, the antenna amplifier must be turned off (usually on a plate near the coax outlet in the entertainment center and has an LED light to tell you when it's on). That allows pass-through of the cable signal. The antenna amplifier must be on to watch via the OTR antenna. The satellite cables are separate from the cable/OTR cables and have a separate coax outlet at the TV. You would run the satellite outlet to the Wally and the cable/OTR outlet to the TV. The cable/OTR system will feed both TVs. With the satellite system, it depends on your antenna and the number of receivers.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now not planning on watching satellite but will do its or use our hotspot for Hulu and such if we are stuck in the camper due to whatever.
    I am upgrading TVs and sound system and would like to test before hit the road again to make sure we can watch both tv's and get the sound thru both zones of speakers.
    Learned about the booster thing from techs at general RV when I had to take in for recall work. He owners manual sux. Lol
    Thinking about getting a month subscription on dish and using the cable jack to see if everything works the way I want before I secure everything in place. Even though it is cable jack using dish satellite, would I still get a signal? And I am guessing the booster would need to be off?
    Thanks

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Planedrvr View Post
    Right now not planning on watching satellite but will do its or use our hotspot for Hulu and such if we are stuck in the camper due to whatever.
    I am upgrading TVs and sound system and would like to test before hit the road again to make sure we can watch both tv's and get the sound thru both zones of speakers.
    Learned about the booster thing from techs at general RV when I had to take in for recall work. He owners manual sux. Lol
    Thinking about getting a month subscription on dish and using the cable jack to see if everything works the way I want before I secure everything in place. Even though it is cable jack using dish satellite, would I still get a signal? And I am guessing the booster would need to be off?
    Thanks
    The answer to that question is, "No." There are too many splices, runs, branches and too much signal loss to try to run a satellite antenna through the cable/OTA system. That's why there is separate wiring for the satellite system.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok.thanks was hoping to get lucky. Guess I will just pull in some local channels.