User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, no having seen one in person, I would expect the first few to be 99.99% perfect.

Especially when they are only building 1 per day versus 15-20 like any up and running manufacturer.

I would love to see Micah succeed in this venture he is a personal friend and a very smart guy.

I will need to revisit the company in a year or 2 when they are full production.

Alliance promised to be the "next greatest thing" and they couldn't make a quality unit to save their soul. (full discretion, they are all ex-Heartland people, so that explains a lot).
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post

Alliance promised to be the "next greatest thing" and they couldn't make a quality unit to save their soul. (full discretion, they are all ex-Heartland people, so that explains a lot).
    Isn't that the truth! So much hype but now you cannot tell them apart from anyone else in the class! The number of dissatisfied Alliance owners we've met on the road versus not is 2, if not 3, to 1. I think it's just symptomatic of the reality that what is called a manufacturer in the RV world is really, for the majority, just an assembler of parts. Same thing, different nameplate. Assembled just like the rest. Customer service is no discriminator at all. I'd rather have a build where I'd never need customer service! So, if the only way a new manufacturer is claiming to be different is the glamor, the lipstick, but it's the same bones and build there's no evolution...
    Last edited by geotex1; 01-20-2023 at 03:26 PM.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, no having seen one in person, I would expect the first few to be 99.99% perfect.

Especially when they are only building 1 per day versus 15-20 like any up and running manufacturer.

I would love to see Micah succeed in this venture he is a personal friend and a very smart guy.

I will need to revisit the company in a year or 2 when they are full production.

Steve - lol on the Heartland comment. Many of us thought the same thing and following owners feedback out there, you are singing the same blues !

Steve - many of us rag on LCI and their components/frames/suspension/etc. and for many justifiable reasons. Like you, we too know Micah and really want him to succeed just as he did with GDRV. You too are probably aware of his deep frustrations with the industry component challenges/other and impacts on GDRV in recent years causing he and Nate to move on and do better (we hope.)

If you were going to start an RV trailer company to address all the owner (suppose dealer too) product crappiness out there (you know it well with all your years in the business) what would you do differently relative to build, components, service, warranty, etc. ?

Yea, most say it can't be done and still be price competitive but I don't buy that. Entrepreneurs have been doing so for years across industries. Maybe a tougher nut to crack I believe it can and will be done either in this country or elsewhere.

RV owners (and dealers/other stakeholders) are beyond frustrated.

Dan
    Last edited by Canyonlight; 01-20-2023 at 10:28 AM.
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    S

If you were going to start an RV trailer company to address all the owner (suppose dealer too) product crappiness out there (you know it well with all your years in the business) what would you do differently relative to build, components, service, warranty, etc. ?
    I'm really not sure.

I believe it is a fine line between being a profitable company and being greedy.

There are a few custom builders out there that are making it, but I believe that if a main stream builder could find the line between how many units are built in a day versus pushing out as many a spossible, and having quality materials to do it with, they would succeed.

The next problem, (and the main one with units built in Indiana) is having a great work force. These guys get paid very well to build units, but with all the manufacturers in one area, they go to wherever pays the best. Not always the best workers going, but one's that show up daily to work.

You really need the workforce behind you to build and maintain a quality unit, but you need to be able to profit from it also.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really not sure.

I believe it is a fine line between being a profitable company and being greedy.

There are a few custom builders out there that are making it, but I believe that if a main stream builder could find the line between how many units are built in a day versus pushing out as many a spossible, and having quality materials to do it with, they would succeed.

The next problem, (and the main one with units built in Indiana) is having a great work force. These guys get paid very well to build units, but with all the manufacturers in one area, they go to wherever pays the best. Not always the best workers going, but one's that show up daily to work.

You really need the workforce behind you to build and maintain a quality unit, but you need to be able to profit from it also.
    Well said.
    To add to it, you can have the best workers on the line but if they are pushed to much with crazy deadlines you still end up with sloppy work and it's not necessarily the workers fault.
    Some companies don't have a choice to be gready as they need to cover the CEO million dollar salary followed by the COO million dollar salary and CFO, DCEO, DCOO, Executive Deputy Chief.... As companies grow, they all become extremely top heavy.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We visited the Brinkley display at the Tampa show; we were looking forward to checking out the Model Z and the TH. They were getting a lot of attention, and moving thru the units was a bit of a challenge.
    Impressions: they do have some innovative uses of space and some new conveniences that are nice. The overall decor struck me as somewhat utilitarian; DW wasn’t thrilled with it. After seeing the Brinkley units compared to GD units, it appears they will be after the Reflection segment. We didn’t think they quite got to the luxury point to compete with the Solitudes. Then again, I may just be a tad biased there. 😁

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stopped watching when they showed the West Lake spare tire. If they don't care enough to put good tires on it, what else are they skimping on?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshhm View Post
    We visited the Brinkley display at the Tampa show; we were looking forward to checking out the Model Z and the TH. They were getting a lot of attention, and moving thru the units was a bit of a challenge.
    Impressions: they do have some innovative uses of space and some new conveniences that are nice. The overall decor struck me as somewhat utilitarian; DW wasn’t thrilled with it. After seeing the Brinkley units compared to GD units, it appears they will be after the Reflection segment. We didn’t think they quite got to the luxury point to compete with the Solitudes. Then again, I may just be a tad biased there. ��
    I don't think they ever were intending to go after the Solitude/Montana market considering the MSRP is around $100K. Solitudes and Montana's come in near $120K plus. They're more inline with the Cougar or Reflection.

Of course it's all subjective but I really like the direction they've gone with the interior and exterior. Less bling IMO is always good.
    Azdel, 17.5 commercial grade tires, brass pex fittings and the roof would be sale makers for me. Plus the blinds and windows are pretty slick.

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenmason11 View Post
    I stopped watching when they showed the West Lake spare tire. If they don't care enough to put good tires on it, what else are they skimping on?
    It depends on whether they are Westlake load range Gs or not - they are a completely different animal than the Westlake Es.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really not sure.

Agree with this. My previous two trailers were Northwood Mfg. products. Being built in La Grand Oregon, they have/had a very stable workforce/training program and it showed in the quality of the builds in both of my trailers.
    I would have bought another product from them, but their floor plans were not to our liking.
    Researched for a few months before settling on our 310gk. After replacing two hydraulic cylinders, H20 pump, grey dump valve & cable, upgrading the hyd. breaker & reattaching LOTS of trim pieces, we really are starting to like our trailer
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast