User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched the Brinkley video from "Switch It Up". Yes a unique way of utilizing space like with the slide out pantry and cabinets. But what i can see happening in the bathroom is towels or stuff falling off the shelves and jamming up the cabinet so you can't get it out. Each shelve in the slide out bathroom cabinet needs expandable rods across them to keep things from falling out while towing. The kitchen slide out pantry has raised leading edges to keep things from falling out while towing. For the kitchen drawers, if they have the same side guide roller ball mechanisms, they willl fail pretty quick like ours has in the bathroom. Square windows, thats new & hope they got it figured out? Tami liked the window shades!
    My opinion but I don't like all the white / grey neutralization of the interior, reminds me of the Jayco Farmhouse interior with all white they came out with couple years ago.

But its all the bling stuff again as apparent by all the oohs and ahhs from the women going through the kitchen. Is it lipstick on a pig? What about the frame (V-clips) cross supports, independent suspension?, disc brakes?, leveling system & hydraulics, a "reliable" and open control system (one control), holding tank supports, wiring, plumbing, solar, battery,,,,, etc systems? If its just the same as any other manufacturer, just thrown together, I wouldn't be so impressed.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 01-24-2023 at 10:30 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Is it lipstick on a pig? What about the frame (V-clips) cross supports, independent suspension?, disc brakes?, leveling system & hydraulics, a "reliable" and open control system (one control), holding tank supports, wiring, plumbing, solar, battery,,,,, etc systems? If its just the same as any other manufacturer, just thrown together, I wouldn't be so impressed.

Sounds like it's pig lipstick at it's best, although I've never seen the trailer. Will we ever again see a trailer built with the quality features you are suggesting?

Or will they be just the "same old trailer" with new colors and new names?
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Again"?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Just watched the Brinkley video from "Switch It Up". Yes a unique way of utilizing space like with the slide out pantry and cabinets. But what i can see happening in the bathroom is towels or stuff falling off the shelves and jamming up the cabinet so you can't get it out. Each shelve in the slide out bathroom cabinet needs expandable rods across them to keep things from falling out while towing. The kitchen slide out pantry has raised leading edges to keep things from falling out while towing. For the kitchen drawers, if they have the same side guide roller ball mechanisms, they willl fail pretty quick like ours has in the bathroom. Square windows, thats new & hope they got it figured out? Tami liked the window shades!
    My opinion but I don't like all the white / grey neutralization of the interior, reminds me of the Jayco Farmhouse interior with all white they came out with couple years ago.

But its all the bling stuff again as apparent by all the oohs and ahhs from the women going through the kitchen. Is it lipstick on a pig? What about the frame (V-clips) cross supports, independent suspension?, disc brakes?, leveling system & hydraulics, a "reliable" and open control system (one control), holding tank supports, wiring, plumbing, solar, battery,,,,, etc systems? If its just the same as any other manufacturer, just thrown together, I wouldn't be so impressed.
    No one knows yet how well they are put together yet. Some things tat sound good are sliding panels in the basement. Brass fittings on the plumbing instead of plastic. Shut off valves throughout the trailer so you don't have to run outside to shut something off. Plus if you are working on something you can just turn off the water to what you are working on instead of turning the water off to everything. electric dump valves. Color coded wires that are bundled instead of laying loose. Wiring harness's that are plug in easy to work on. Frameless windows tat open at least 2 inches wider than anyone else. The window shades you already mentioned but did you know that Brinkley has a patent on them, so no one else can use them. There was more I just can't remember everything right now.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    No one knows yet how well they are put together yet. Some things tat sound good are sliding panels in the basement. Brass fittings on the plumbing instead of plastic. Shut off valves throughout the trailer so you don't have to run outside to shut something off. Plus if you are working on something you can just turn off the water to what you are working on instead of turning the water off to everything. electric dump valves. Color coded wires that are bundled instead of laying loose. Wiring harness's that are plug in easy to work on. Frameless windows tat open at least 2 inches wider than anyone else. The window shades you already mentioned but did you know that Brinkley has a patent on them, so no one else can use them. There was more I just can't remember everything right now.
    The plumbing and wiring are major steps toward actual ‘standardization’ and have my interest. Plus they skew closer to residential/automotive standards vice how uncle bob ‘wired’ and ‘plumbed’ his shed. Although I’ll give whoever wired my current trailer credit because I wish I could shake their hand - neatest most organized wiring I’ve seen in a trailer.

Saw someone mention roof - what did they do special with that?

I also can’t help but think many chassis complaints can be fixed with over sizing (or just not maxing out) the frame and using quality components that already exist. Then it’s assembly method. I’ve heard grand design make claims about their screws vs the competition (seriously), but there are a lot of staples in these trailers. That’s an area ripe for simple solutions.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    "Again"?
    Well, yeah, I guess I used that word loosely. But seriously, I remember trailers my parents had in the late 60's and 70's and they were built like tanks. I guess one factor though was the fact there were a lot less conveniences and accessories to break.

The improvements that @WhittleBurner mentions are definitely a start in the right direction.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Gary, The things you mentioned are a great improvement over everyone else. I had heard they patented the window shades, they should they are a real step forward. Maybe they are a shinning star above all the others.
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth13777 View Post
    The plumbing and wiring are major steps toward actual ‘standardization’ and have my interest. Plus they skew closer to residential/automotive standards vice how uncle bob ‘wired’ and ‘plumbed’ his shed. Although I’ll give whoever wired my current trailer credit because I wish I could shake their hand - neatest most organized wiring I’ve seen in a trailer.

Saw someone mention roof - what did they do special with that?

I also can’t help but think many chassis complaints can be fixed with over sizing (or just not maxing out) the frame and using quality components that already exist. Then it’s assembly method. I’ve heard grand design make claims about their screws vs the competition (seriously), but there are a lot of staples in these trailers. That’s an area ripe for simple solutions.
    They used self leveling sealants on the roof and have a lifetime warranty which require no maintenance.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a good (not the too often over the top/less than knowledgeable marketing/sales/influencer/etc.) 21 minute and 11 seconds video done by young man Brendan/Brandon from Brinkley on their site, who does a very good job of explaining many features of the Brinkley. Certainly the best I have seen to date who appreciate "just the facts ma'am."

Here are a couple pictures from the Brinkley site on the wiring loom and "V" clips on the axle hangers. There are many other pictures/details on the Brinkley site of items shared and questioned asked on this thread. (Thought the actual pictures would show but apparently not. You can find the pictures quite easily if you wish.)

https://www.brinkleyrv.com/rvs/fifth-wheels/model-z/

https://www.brinkleyrv.com/rvs/fifth.../#3100-Gallery

Relative to the roof question, I seem to recall that the typical Dicor/other self leveling and roof caulk products were not used but rather a much higher grade product that does not crack or otherwise have issues. I did not see this detailed on the Brinkley site. Maybe someone can find out and share this. I plan to contact Brinkley if Carol and I do not get an answer when we see the Z at the Des Moines RV show in just over a week.

What Brinkley did many months ago long before design and build was to analyze the top dozen or so warranty claims/customer complaints on GDRVs and make changes to eliminate/reduce those issues in the design and build of the Brinkley. Maybe focusing on the 80/20 rule.......smart if effective.

Dan
    Last edited by Canyonlight; 01-25-2023 at 08:38 AM.
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    There is a good (not the too often over the top/less than knowledgeable marketing/sales/influencer/etc.) 21 minute and 11 seconds video done by young man Brendan/Brandon from Brinkley on their site, who does a very good job of explaining many features of the Brinkley. Certainly the best I have seen to date who appreciate "just the facts ma'am."

Here are a couple pictures from the Brinkley site on the wiring loom and "V" clips on the axle hangers. There are many other pictures/details on the Brinkley site of items shared and questioned asked on this thread. (Thought the actual pictures would show but apparently not. You can find the pictures quite easily if you wish.)

https://www.brinkleyrv.com/rvs/fifth-wheels/model-z/

https://www.brinkleyrv.com/rvs/fifth.../#3100-Gallery

Relative to the roof question, I seem to recall that the typical Dicor/other self leveling and roof caulk products were not used but rather a much higher grade product that does not crack or otherwise have issues. I did not see this detailed on the Brinkley site. Maybe someone can find out and share this. I plan to contact Brinkley if Carol and I do not get an answer when we see the Z at the Des Moines RV show in just over a week.

What Brinkley did many months ago long before design and build was to analyze the top dozen or so warranty claims/customer complaints on GDRVs and make changes to eliminate/reduce those issues in the design and build of the Brinkley. Maybe focusing on the 80/20 rule.......smart if effective.

Dan
    Thanks Dan, I watched the 3100 Z video with Brenden and a couple others and took a look at the pictures, I'll take back my pessimistic thoughts, I like it! From what I've seen from video's now, they seemed to have done it right. I liked what Brenden said while showing the pass through storage and the basement wall doors, We're not afraid to show you what's back there! I love the electric leveling, it's only 4 way but the coach is only 35 foot so that's why its not 6 way. I don't want hydraulic leveling.
    From a video I saw it looks like, at least from the basement to the bathroom it is all pex lines with brass 90s, not the flex lines that's in our coach. Flex maybe elsewhere though. At 35 feet its the same footprint as the Solitude 2930.
    The Brinkley at 14495 GVWR and @ 2500 CCC, I could give up our extra 2 foot length and settle for the 35 feet but I'm not sure we could give up our extra 2000# of CCC since we fulltime.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 01-26-2023 at 06:41 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast