User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I don't buy that for a minute. Even at 14K it's not suitable for 1/2 trucks... by a long shot.

Rob
    Agree Rob. Fenech's are marketing guys and possibly misspoke lol ! This said, the very few 1/2 fords with the rare heavy duty towing and weight ratings like Rob Farrow had are designed and built similar to HD trucks and could barely handle this Brinkley with minimum loads and still be within max weight ratings.

Micah from Brinkley towed the prototypes with a new generation 3/4 ton GMC with higher weight ratings than your prior Denali and my current Chevy. Using the max 10K GVWR sticker set on many prior generation 3/4 trucks (like your prior Denali and my current Chevy) and then adding the RV max GVWR of 14K seems to match the maximum combination GCWR (truck and RV) of 24K for many 3/4 ton trucks and as I recall to prevent raising the bar for additional licensing/fees/testing in many states.

Marcy and Gary @WhittleBurner - find one of these rare 1/2 fords and you will be gtg......barely lol !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Agree Rob. Fenech's are marketing guys and possibly misspoke lol ! This said, the very few 1/2 fords with the rare heavy duty towing and weight ratings like Rob Farrow had are designed and built similar to HD trucks and could barely handle this Brinkley with minimum loads and still be within max weight ratings.

Micah from Brinkley towed the prototypes with a new generation 3/4 ton GMC with higher weight ratings than your prior Denali and my current Chevy. Using the max 10K GVWR sticker set on many prior generation 3/4 trucks (like your prior Denali and my current Chevy) and then adding the RV max GVWR of 14K seems to match the maximum combination GCWR (truck and RV) of 24K for many 3/4 ton trucks and as I recall to prevent raising the bar for additional licensing/fees/testing in many states.

Marcy and Gary @WhittleBurner - find one of these rare 1/2 fords and you will be gtg......barely lol !

Dan
    He told us they d-rated it but it may have been for 3/4 not half ton.There was a lot going on at that time. Just so used to companies pushing half ton towables. Either way I don't like it. I want to be able to say we are good on the numbers not I know it can handle it.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dan
    LOL....finding one of those Ford 1/2T trucks with the HDPP on it is akin to finding a rainbow colored unicorn. Theoretically possible, but highly improbable.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    LOL....finding one of those Ford 1/2T trucks with the HDPP on it is akin to finding a rainbow colored unicorn. Theoretically possible, but highly improbable.
    Gary and Marcy probably knew that I was just kidding as they are big fans of their current Denali and new one to come. Long time readers/posters and those in the know are aware of how very rare these blue ovals are and had to be ordered by nearly 100% of folks who do have them. I should have been more clear on my "humor."

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gary and Marcy probably knew that I was just kidding as they are big fans of their current Denali and new one to come. Long time readers/posters and those in the know are aware of how very rare these blue ovals are and had to be ordered by nearly 100% of folks who do have them. I should have been more clear on my "humor."

Dan
    The new ones been here since mid July , and yes we love it! AND it could pull a Brinkley (to stay on topic)
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dan
    It's all good, and I have heard about them but never seen one in person......the 1/2T with a HDPP on it.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456