User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shake Down Period

Here is a chance for the more experienced GD owners to help us new to the GD family. What issues did you find during the shakedown period with you new GD RV ?
    Major and or minor.

What special paint should us new owners be doing to help prevent prevent some of the issues? Out side of the basics like checking the roof and making sure the HW tank is filled before turning it on.

Thanks

Kid

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The frame and some suspension parts will have some sort of rust. I usually hit it all with rust reformer after scraping off any loose paint chips.

We didn't find much on our shakedown for our 398, I think this was the list:

Propane strap clasp broke off (installed new rivets to fix)

Propane strap is too tight, plan to fix before bext trip

Hot/cold water lines reversed in bathroom sink, shower

Curb side storage compartment wouldn't stay latched shut, locked or not (fixed by shimming latch)

More of a design issue, but slide switch in bedroom needs to be moved up or have a cover installed, my wife keeps pressing it instead of light switch (plan to fix)

Main door latch was very stiff, used some dry graphite lube to fix

Screw holding couch to slide floor was a hair too long and scratched the floor, luckily I noticed right away before it tore up the floor, loosened screw until it wasn't going through floor

Outter bearing cover on one wheel popped off causing the center cap plug of the wheel to come off. Reinstalled bearing cover and bought a new plug for the center cap. No damage done by the loose bearing cover.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good thread. I look forward to taking possession of our Reflection and said shake down. Planning some driveway camping for sure.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is our list - keep in mind we put 12,000 miles on it this first year. Goes into dealer this week for warranty work. To be honest, most of these things I could do myself but wanted the parts replaced while under warranty. Heat, Goosebox, and slide adjustment are my priorities once the frame was inspected after the filon screws snapped.

Furnace heat blowing into bathroom vanity instead of bedroom (Dealer to fix under warranty)
    Wet bolts not greased from factory (or not enough – greased myself)
    Goosebox air leak (Reese sent replacement manifold to me)
    Door side slide out doesn't extend fully at rear - about 1/2" difference - enough to let cold air and bugs in (Dealer to adjust under warranty)
    Jaboni overcharged and shut down 110V charge controller to 13.6V – could not fully charge batteries (Jaboni replaced)
    Filon screws snapped en route (Dealer repaired under warranty)
    Victron BMV712 failed after firmware upgrade (Victron replacing)
    Flickering LEDs in the kitchen accent light (Dealer to replace under warranty)
    Backing plate for switches broke in 4 places (Dealer to replace under warranty)
    Two Tire Linc sensors leaked air resulting in one flat (Lippert sent replacements)
    Finish work noted during inspection (dents in bedroom wall, stain on cabinets, etc. – Dealer to replace under warranty)
    Both refrigerator doors dented by dealer (dealer replacing)
    Pantry door will not stay closed when slides are out (I will reset door handle and latch)
    Shower soap holder screws broke (I repaired while on road)
    Off-door slide topper pulled out of channel at front of topper during transit (Dealer to repair under warranty)
    Lower cabinet trim not attached (Needs a couple of brads – forgot to mention to dealer)
    Rear leveling jacks do not retract when returning to hitch height (told that will happen in colder weather)
    Left front leveling jack doesn't retract all the way when retract all - need 3 retract all button presses (told that will happen in colder weather)
    Garbage can drawer slides bent during travel (Dealer repairing)
    Slow close toilet seat doesn't close slowly anymore (Dealer replacing under warranty)
    One interior shade pulled out from bottom metal frame, another shade tearing upon roll-up (Dealer replacing under warranty)
    Front battery compartment hanger does not stay locked (Dealer replacing under warranty)
    Front battery compartment door warped (Dealer replacing under warranty)
    Screen door brush too short (Dealer to replace under warranty)
    Lube all the locks and latches (I did this one myself)
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always take the time to make sure the lug nuts on the axles are torqued to the proper specs.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get some water leak detectors. Lines have come loose more then once on back of water panel. The detectors went off with only small leaks so well worth it .
    2019 super duty 6.7
    2021 solitude 2930rl
    1236 ah of Sok lithium 1200 watts of solar.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shake Down Period

Quote Originally Posted by Conner58 View Post
    Get some water leak detectors. Lines have come loose more then once on back of water panel. The detectors went off with only small leaks so well worth it .
    Just seeing these. Is there a brand that work well?

As much as I look forward to this panel and what goes with it I am dreading it more after reading and seeing pics from others.
    Last edited by Whitexc; 01-17-2023 at 04:41 AM.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitexc View Post

As much as I look forward to this panel and what goes with it I am dreading it more after reading and seeing pics from others.
    Remember to have some context. Most owners are having no issue with the Nautilus. I'm not a fan of it, but I have had no problems with it. It is good you are aware of what could happen...which is sort of the purpose of this thread. So a little bump in the road doesn't ruin a trip.
    Personally I carry a selection of pex fittings, clamps, tube, gear clamps, pex to PB adapters so if a problem occurs, I can fix it 'in the field'.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are the ones we have work well so far for 2 years.
    Check this out! https://a.co/d/32RxHej
    2019 super duty 6.7
    2021 solitude 2930rl
    1236 ah of Sok lithium 1200 watts of solar.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanadakid View Post
    Here is a chance for the more experienced GD owners to help us new to the GD family. What issues did you find during the shakedown period with you new GD RV ?
    Major and or minor.

What special paint should us new owners be doing to help prevent prevent some of the issues? Out side of the basics like checking the roof and making sure the HW tank is filled before turning it on.

Thanks

Kid
    I was fortunate with my unit....only found that the audio unit did not power up the outside speakers. The dealer asked me if I could swap it out once I returned home and send the old one back if they sent me a replacement. Easy peasy! Hope your experience is just as smooth!
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast