User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tire linc or buy something else?

Howdy,
    So I'm looking to add a TPMS and this sticker is on the side of the trailer. I found a kit for approximately $220. So is the Lippert One Control box the "Prepped apparatus" or do I need to hunt for the that litte black unit with wires (Pictured in the attached PDF file" OR, I saw this unit - "Easesuper Rv Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Large Screen (Live viewing) Rv TPMS with 6 Flow Thru Sensors & Repeater" for approximately $160. Either way, It looks like I will need to remove the wall in the cargo space to install anything. The Lippert One control is behind the wall. So glad I just re-installed the wall after completing my 12 v circuits for inverters. The Easesuper unit isn't a phone app, so when I'm out of cell range I would be able to monitor the tires. YES, I live in the West and cell range can be non existent. As always, thanks in advance for your help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tire Linc label pic.jpg   LCI board.jpg   Lippert TPMS pic.pdf  
    MurphyIRE
    2021 Reflection 310 RLS (5th wheel)
    2018 F350 CC 6.7L 4x4, B&W Ford puck system

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many, many folks have have great success with the TST 507 unit...for years and years and years. I had a TireMinder for 3 or 4 years and it would take half a page to describe all the issues I had with it. I finally, literally threw the unit in the trash can and bought a TST 507 with the color display. It has been rock solid and without issues. It does not tie into the One Control at all, but I guess you could take the monitor off of the windshield of the truck and bring it into the trailer with you if you really wanted to.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Tire Linc does not use the cell service. Rather some kind of amped up blue tooth.

Pros for tire linc is the phone app. Nice for pairing and having a look at pressure anytime around or in the rv.

Cons are that you have to have a separate alarm device in the truck since the phone app is too slow to warn of loss of pressure and the app may not be running all the time. This works pretty good.

Another con, for me, is when I’m not rolling I will sometimes loose the signal from one or more tires. Over time (days).

But I use it and it works ok. If my rv didn’t come with it I would buy a different one that has a dedicated display of all of the tires all of the time.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something else. I like a dedicated display so I went with the Tire Traker TT-600. 199.00 and lifetime warranty. Works perfectly
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A good addition to the tire linc system would be a all tire dedicated display. Lippert, are you listening?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the TireMinder I10 and love it. I love the fact that I can all tires pressure on one dedicated screen. I had also looked at the TST 507 but the deciding factor was that the I10 displayed all tires without scrolling.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    A good addition to the tire linc system would be a all tire dedicated display. Lippert, are you listening?
    I believe Lippert does offer one - just doesn't come with the GD kit.

https://store.lci1.com/tire-linc-25-...lay-2020114605
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MurphyIRE View Post
    Howdy,
    So I'm looking to add a TPMS and this sticker is on the side of the trailer. I found a kit for approximately $220. So is the Lippert One Control box the "Prepped apparatus" or do I need to hunt for the that litte black unit with wires (Pictured in the attached PDF file" OR, I saw this unit - "Easesuper Rv Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Large Screen (Live viewing) Rv TPMS with 6 Flow Thru Sensors & Repeater" for approximately $160. Either way, It looks like I will need to remove the wall in the cargo space to install anything. The Lippert One control is behind the wall. So glad I just re-installed the wall after completing my 12 v circuits for inverters. The Easesuper unit isn't a phone app, so when I'm out of cell range I would be able to monitor the tires. YES, I live in the West and cell range can be non existent. As always, thanks in advance for your help!
    I’d buy something else. Our Tire Linc is too finicky for my taste.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ajg617

Thanks for that. Looks like a nice display but kind of shocked at the high price. Seems high to me anyway.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our unit came with the TireLinc system but I heard stories of it being pretty mediocre (great when it worked, but it didn't work consistently). That wasn't good enough for me. I removed the system from our rig and sold it to someone who wanted it. I ended up buying in-tire valve stem sensors that were designed to work with the built in GM TTPMS system that is in our infotainment system. I absolutely love having a system that works without fail every time and doesn't add an another auxiliary screen/display. For those with GM trucks interested in this method, you can get the sensors on ebay for a reasonable price (much cheaper than OEM for the same exact product) as long as it broadcasts on the 433MHz frequency.
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
    2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive gooseneck conversion hitch
    630aH LiFePO4 Lion Energy battery bank, Victron Multi-Plus II Inverter, Victron MPPT, 563w solar array, CerboGX, 40a DC-DC charger