User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RubiconMike View Post
    FWIW: I put AirLift 5000 series bags in the rear of my Chevy Express 2500 to make sure it didn't sag when the trailer was attached. Unfortunately, when the extra capacity is not needed AirLift recommends a minimum of 5psi in them, which caused the rear to lift a couple of inches causing the headlights to dip and giving a rough ride compared to stock. Running less than 5psi would cause the rear axle to slam into the frame when hitting large bumps, (the air bags replace the bump stops). I replaced the bags with Sumo Springs and am much happier. The van sits at stock height when empty, the springs act as shock absorbers to improve the ride when hitting large bumps, and the rear sags less than 1/2" when the 950lb tongue weight trailer is hitched up. I'm so impressed with them that I'm adding them to the trailer also.

I used AirLift bags successfully on a Sierra 2500 pickup with a Lance slide-in camper and was very happy with the result, they just didn't work as well on my Express van.
    RibiconMike,

There may be a difference between what you had on your Chevy Express and the LoadLIFTER 5000 ULTIMATE product. My installation guide for the ULTIMATE says "For LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate, the recommended minimum air pressure is 5 psi, but it can be safely run at zero pressure". The Ultimate air springs come with an internal jounce bumper.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just installed the PacBrake bags and dual channel compressor. I'm using the 2nd channel to store onboard air. So far, I'm loving the setup. Support from PacBrake ha been great. The setup arrived with a broken connector. They shipped out a new harness the same day.
    JR
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali
    2022 Solitude 345 GK

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed Airlift 5000 bags and the "heavy duty" on-board compressor. At the almost 1 year mark, the compressor died. Airlift has excellent customer service as a new compressor was at my door within a week of filling out a warranty claim on their web site. I disassembled the old compressor and it looked like water got in around the power wires at the grommet. I will be adding a bit of silicone to the grommet on the new compressor.
    I love the flexibility the air bags provide as I pull a camper, flat trailer, and dump trailer all with vastly different tongue weights. I can dial in just what I need for each situation.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO firestone makes the best bags in their HD LINE and air lift has better compressors so that is what i did .no issues mixing brands
    Last edited by huntindog; 03-09-2023 at 01:34 PM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered my Timber Grove kit today. Install when the weather decides to cooperate.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345