User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIRTWO View Post
    I have a Ram 2500 Tradesman 6.4 liter gas crew cab short and was wondering if air bags are worth the price. Not really having a problem just wondering if the ride improvement was worth the time and money. I also would like some suggestions for the best brands. I wonder also if there is a criteria for front height and rear height of vehicle tolerance. Unloaded front 40 1/4 inches rear 42 3/4 inches. I will have to measure with load when I hook up.
    I like the extreme firestone bags rated for 7500#. I think that Airlift has a better selection of compressors. So thats what I bought. I got the dual path bluetooth model. My truck really doesn't need bags. I bought them to make it easier to get into some boondocking sites without using a shovel. Dual path for the same reason

There is no need to get it all from the same company. You can mix and match.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    I had the Firestone bags on our last Ram dually, and it really did a good job at keeping the rear off the overload springs, and helped with softening the ride. The new truck doesn't need them.
    I’ve been wondering if this would help with our dually. It is just touching the overloads. I don’t need them to level, but wondering if they would improve the ride by lifting the rear off the overloads.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    I like the extreme firestone bags rated for 7500#. I think that Airlift has a better selection of compressors. So thats what I bought. I got the dual path bluetooth model. My truck really doesn't need bags. I bought them to make it easier to get into some boondocking sites without using a shovel. Dual path for the same reason

There is no need to get it all from the same company. You can mix and match.
    Please explain “ bought them to make it easier to get into some boondocking sites without using a shovel”
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Air-Lift system also has a jounce bumper inside of the air bag.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMagelitz View Post
    I’ve been wondering if this would help with our dually. It is just touching the overloads. I don’t need them to level, but wondering if they would improve the ride by lifting the rear off the overloads.
    Yes, it will definitely help the ride by getting the rear off the overloads. At least it did on mine, it was really rough when it was on the overloads, but about 50 psi raised the rear enough to really smooth out the ride. And it made the trailer ride levelly as a bonus.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had the Firestones on my truck since 2015. Much better ride off the overloads and I don't blind oncoming traffic at night.
    2003 Ford F250 6.0 CC 4wd SB
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    1999 Keystone Sprinter 27FWBHGL (SOLD)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    It's listed in his signature at the bottom of his post.
    Can’t see that on Tapatalk. Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMagelitz View Post
    Same as Hoopy... Mine was banging against the "overload" / heavy load springs and causing very harsh bumps. The airbags lifted enough to avoid the hits. Much better ride.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went with the Air Lift Load Lift 5000 Ultimate Plus (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) on my Ram 2500. Definitely improved handling and ride. I measure the ride height before hooking up then add air until I get back to the original height when pulling at night. For daytime runs, I go with a little less air since I am a little high on the front of the trailer. As mentioned, the Ultimate Plus comes with internal jounce stops just in case you run low on air.

I haven’t pulled the trigger on a compressor yet - wanted to try the air bags first. I went with two air valves (some install a T) - I think I get less side to side sway that way. It also allows me to adjust side to side height independently.
    2022 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.7 Cummins, RamBox, Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Plus, B&W Companion
    2022 Reflection 303RLS, Progressive hardwired EMS, Airborne Sidewinder
    YouTube Chanel

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    Please explain “ bought them to make it easier to get into some boondocking sites without using a shovel”
    Many boondocking sites on Forest service land have a bit of a berm at the entrance. On our second trip with the momentum, we went to one of our favorite sites and when backing in, discovered that the berm was too high for the jacks to clear. While we were using shovels to rectify the situation... It occured to me that if the truck had air bags with an onboard compressor it would be easy to adjust the ride height of the truck up or down with the push of a button, and thus raising the jacks as needed to clear the berm.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast