User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Air Bags are they worth the money and which are the best?

I have a Ram 2500 Tradesman 6.4 liter gas crew cab short and was wondering if air bags are worth the price. Not really having a problem just wondering if the ride improvement was worth the time and money. I also would like some suggestions for the best brands. I wonder also if there is a criteria for front height and rear height of vehicle tolerance. Unloaded front 40 1/4 inches rear 42 3/4 inches. I will have to measure with load when I hook up.
    2020 Grand Design 337RLS
    2018 Ram 2500 CC SWB 6.4 ltr
    B&W Patriot Slider 18k

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoy my Timber Grove bags on my Ram 3500. They help a lot with leveling the truck when loaded and then I drop the pressure down when not towing and it takes away from the harsh ride of my 3500 empty. Did I need bags, no, but the ride improvement was worth it.

https://timbergroveenterprises.com/
    2021 RAM 3500 DRW 6.7 HO Cummins
    2021 Solitude 3550BH-R w/factory solar

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the Firestone bags on our last Ram dually, and it really did a good job at keeping the rear off the overload springs, and helped with softening the ride. The new truck doesn't need them.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty set on Timber Grove bags for my Big Horn 2500. Setting that up to pull a Reflection 298BH.

OP, what are you towing?

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitexc View Post
    Pretty set on Timber Grove bags for my Big Horn 2500. Setting that up to pull a Reflection 298BH.

OP, what are you towing?
    It's listed in his signature at the bottom of his post.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIRTWO View Post
    I have a Ram 2500 Tradesman 6.4 liter gas crew cab short and was wondering if air bags are worth the price. Not really having a problem just wondering if the ride improvement was worth the time and money. I also would like some suggestions for the best brands. I wonder also if there is a criteria for front height and rear height of vehicle tolerance. Unloaded front 40 1/4 inches rear 42 3/4 inches. I will have to measure with load when I hook up.
    I've had the Air Lift bags and onboard wireless compressor on my last two trucks and love it. It was basically the first mod that I installed on my trucks once I got them. You can tailor the ride to your liking no matter how the truck is loaded. Here are the links:

https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index...ducts_id=56121
    https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/airli...compressor-kit
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the AirLift 5000 Ultimate Plus Pkg bags with dual path onboard compressor on our TV. It really helps with leveling the TV so that the vehicles weight is distributed evenly for braking and control.

If your TV is nose high when towing, airbags will definetly make a difference in TV levelness and control. We love our setup. Might also consider some upgraded shocks and a rear atnti-sway bar too.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    We use the AirLift 5000 Ultimate Plus Pkg bags with dual path onboard compressor on our TV. It really helps with leveling the TV so that the vehicles weight is distributed evenly for braking and control.

If your TV is nose high when towing, airbags will definetly make a difference in TV levelness and control. We love our setup. Might also consider some upgraded shocks and a rear atnti-sway bar too.
    The rear sway bar is next on my list. I hear they are a great addition as well.
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COGrandDes View Post
    The rear sway bar is next on my list. I hear they are a great addition as well.
    Yeah...we ordered our new F250 with the camper pkg just for the upgraded springs, shocks, and swaybar. Hellwig makes aftermarket bolt on adjustable swaybars... thats we have, but they are pricey.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Yeah...we ordered our new F250 with the camper pkg just for the upgraded springs, shocks, and swaybar. Hellwig makes aftermarket bolt on adjustable swaybars... thats we have, but they are pricey.
    Yeah. that's the one that I've been tracking and no lie there---definitely pricey! Good to know you like yours.....

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast