User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do I need to run all 3 air conditioners at the same time?

2022 Solitude 345GK-R. When I need air conditioning do I need all three of the ACs running together? Or can I run just the one (or two) that are near to where I need to be? Can the three be set at different temps?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It all boils down to "It Depends". On outside temperatures, efficiency of the air conditioners, how well insulated the trailer is. They can be set to different temperatures, provided they have separate thermostats. If you're hooked up to 30-amp shore power you'll be limited in the number of air conditioners you can run.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess my question should have been "does it do harm to run just one or two of the three?"

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do harm to what? You can run as many as your power profile will allow you to run, and as many, or as few, as you need to be comfortable. They are designed to be run independently, as long as they have separate thermostats.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by debgary12 View Post
    I guess my question should have been "does it do harm to run just one or two of the three?"
    Short answer is no.
    If it's real hot outside and you only run 1, it will just cycle often and might not be able to keep the inside cool or evenly cool. If running all 3, you might be limited with the shorepower capacity and quality.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason I am asking is the design of the AC. All 3 AC units are on the same duct system - RV Airflow or something like that. I assumed all multiple AC rigs were ducted this way, but now that I think about it, of course they're not. So, that's my concern - that running just one of them might cause a problem.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason I am asking is the design of the AC. All 3 AC units are on the same duct system - RV Airflow or something like that. I assumed all multiple AC rigs were ducted this way, but now that I think about it, of course they're not. So, that's my concern - that running just one of them might cause a problem.
    RV Airflow is not the ducting system - it is a foam block inserted into the plenum area of each AC to increase the volume and efficiency of airflow at the output of the AC into the ducting system. The ducting system is called a racetrack system.

That said, you will get more airflow from the ducts nearest to the ACs you are running so you can only run the ones you need. If they're not providing enough cooling, turn on the third one.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob - thanks! Yes, I was looking for "racetrack system" but couldn't find it anywhere! Thanks for your help (all of you). In case you can't tell, I'm very much a newbie, learning as I go.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless G.D. has changed things up, the RV airflow device is only in the center unit. The other two do not have them. Having said that, if you have added or had them added, that's a different story.....but the answer is the same as you've already got, it will do no harm to run just one, or just two, or all three.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob - thanks! Yes, I was looking for "racetrack system" but couldn't find it anywhere! Thanks for your help (all of you). In case you can't tell, I'm very much a newbie, learning as I go.
    @debgary12 - You're welcome - and welcome to the forum! Here are a few other tips that may come in useful:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) If you choose to get a paid membership (nominal cost and well worth it), you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast