User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This discussion about a difference of opinion between Grand Design and Lippert reminds me of an exchange years ago at a national SOB rally. The question was where to jack the trailer - on the axle or on the frame. The Lippert guy said to jack on the axle. The Dexter guy said to jack on the frame. Each one said that jacking on their component would void the warranty. Not a lot of happy campers in the room at that point.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following this thread closely. There is cold air entering from the lower corners of the opposing slides of my 2019 310GK. The slides are rack and pinion, not Schwintech. I have some rubber from a truck tire inner tube that I may be able to cut to fit and fasten in place. But, I want to hear what others have done first. The brass wool would cut down on the cold air infiltration but wouldn't it have to be adjusted once in a while?
    2019 Solitude 310-GK
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW
    Reese Goosebox 20-k

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 440scout View Post
    Following this thread closely. There is cold air entering from the lower corners of the opposing slides of my 2019 310GK. The slides are rack and pinion, not Schwintech. I have some rubber from a truck tire inner tube that I may be able to cut to fit and fasten in place. But, I want to hear what others have done first. The brass wool would cut down on the cold air infiltration but wouldn't it have to be adjusted once in a while?
    The brass whole is only inserted in the drain whole of the Schwintek system and is used to stop criters from coming in. What GD installed is plastic bristles. It won't do much to prevent cold air from coming in.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    The brass whole is only inserted in the drain whole of the Schwintek system and is used to stop criters from coming in. What GD installed is plastic bristles. It won't do much to prevent cold air from coming in.
    I have had these gaps on every schwintek slides on two separate campers. Ive been afraid to put anything in the holes because I don't want to damage something. What happens to the steel wool when you bring the slide in? They are in the gap on the floor behind the slide, and very small. So doesn't affect things too much ..never had rain come in, even in downpours. Don't understand this drain hole thing. Water runs along the wall of the slide that much?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loriemoms View Post
    I have had these gaps on every schwintek slides on two separate campers. Ive been afraid to put anything in the holes because I don't want to damage something. What happens to the steel wool when you bring the slide in? They are in the gap on the floor behind the slide, and very small. So doesn't affect things too much ..never had rain come in, even in downpours. Don't understand this drain hole thing. Water runs along the wall of the slide that much?
    The drain holes I'm referring to aren't under the slide but on each end of the slide. It's not the best picture but its the only one that i managed to find. This is with the slide in, the black square part on the floor, beside the interior wall and the slide is where the drain whole is. That's where you insert the steel wool.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	560277031.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	44831
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GD351M View Post
    PM please

They say all is installed properly on the seals and slides.

The SRT came out to fix rain water pouring in as they were nearby. They also said it looked proper and the gaps are “normal”. The rain intrusion seems to have stopped by extending the channel mount on the roof (to throw runoff further away from the slides) and by siliconing the inside of the rails. They said that should have been done while being mfr and it got overlooked.

Back to the gaps….
    We have a 2022 376ths and all the shwintek slides are leakng. its been in twice with no fix. Is it possible for you to post picture of the extended chnnel and where the silicone was applied.Our dealer doesn't have a clue

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rblancher View Post
    We have a 2022 376ths and all the shwintek slides are leakng. its been in twice with no fix. Is it possible for you to post picture of the extended chnnel and where the silicone was applied.Our dealer doesn't have a clue
    The channels where the water runs off the roof. We rigged up some weather stripping and siliconed them on to the existing one. It seems to throw the water out further so it doesnt just fall on the slide.

So no pics but we pulled in both LR sides in about 1-2’. Where the rail is they said there should be silicone around the rail. They siliconed both sides on the rail. I left the slides that way for about 24 hours before extending them back out. I have had no further issues with the water coming in.

I also just packed outside in the “holes” with brass wool to stop any bug intrusions. I have not removed the wool and have shut and opened the slide multiple times with zero issues. Used brass and not steel wool as it should not rust

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123