User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

350M Sagging Living Room Slide

Another living room slide with the side delaminating and sagging floor. Noticed at the weather stripping the floor was pulling down by the stairs. Couple weeks ago we had a heavy rain in LA and water started dripping from the middle of the slide onto the couch. Crawled up there and noted the slide wasn’t touching the weather stripping anymore on the stair side, like the whole slide has dropped an inch, maybe more.
    Looking flush with the bottom of the slide floor, there is a few different bulges through the floor, and when we pull the slide in and back out there is a good mark on the floor. Looking under the rug it appears the slide almost is out too far? But with the trim on the inside it’s barely touching the weather stripping. Any other experience with slide sag? Thinking about filing an insurance claim and seeing if they will help out. At the point I think the slide needs major repair and could be pricey

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zr2L5Pme View Post
    Another living room slide with the side delaminating and sagging floor. Noticed at the weather stripping the floor was pulling down by the stairs. Couple weeks ago we had a heavy rain in LA and water started dripping from the middle of the slide onto the couch. Crawled up there and noted the slide wasn’t touching the weather stripping anymore on the stair side, like the whole slide has dropped an inch, maybe more.
    Looking flush with the bottom of the slide floor, there is a few different bulges through the floor, and when we pull the slide in and back out there is a good mark on the floor. Looking under the rug it appears the slide almost is out too far? But with the trim on the inside it’s barely touching the weather stripping. Any other experience with slide sag? Thinking about filing an insurance claim and seeing if they will help out. At the point I think the slide needs major repair and could be pricey
    If you have water damage, insurance may be the route to go of it covers it. But you'll want the issue diagnosed to really get the idea of what's going on. Could be something as simple as slide adjustment and new seals. Without pictures it's hard to determine damage. Have you thought about a tech looking at it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a mobile technician take a look. He said it’s a floor replacement and gave me a few options. Said he wasn’t able to take on the work, as he thought the whole slide would need to be removed to do it right. It’s definitely water damage on the outside, just the middle bowing down has me scratching my head. And the whole slide appearing to be dropping. Guess without pulling all the insulation underneath to check the rails, hard telling.