User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my primary reasons for upgrading to a 12V fridge (which I will probably do) is the additional 2 cubic feet of space. When we go on long trips we like to load up the fridge to minimize grocery store visits while on the road. I am surprised that no one had mentioned the additional room as a high priority reason to upgrade.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    One of my primary reasons for upgrading to a 12V fridge (which I will probably do) is the additional 2 cubic feet of space. When we go on long trips we like to load up the fridge to minimize grocery store visits while on the road. I am surprised that no one had mentioned the additional room as a high priority reason to upgrade.
    Likely because it isn’t a concern
    We went from a 6 cu ft in our old trailer to the 8 cu ft in this imagine
    It is nice but where do you stop. There are bigger options than the 10 cu ft 12 v
    To spend thousands to gain a little space not for me
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes sense to me as we spend 7 months in the trailer at a time.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like a lot of money for not much value. 2 cu.ft for $1500? If you mainly power pole camp then a cheap 2 qt fridge would work. If you boondock a lot then there's the extra batteries and solar and or gen. Cha ching $$$.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Likely because it isn’t a concern
    We went from a 6 cu ft in our old trailer to the 8 cu ft in this imagine
    It is nice but where do you stop. There are bigger options than the 10 cu ft 12 v
    To spend thousands to gain a little space not for me
    To each his own, but in our Imagines a 10 is about the limit to fit in the same space as the existing 8. Also, it will not cost thousands (at least not in the US). I have found the GE for well under $1000.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    Husky Centerline WDH

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Seems like a lot of money for not much value. 2 cu.ft for $1500? If you mainly power pole camp then a cheap 2 qt fridge would work. If you boondock a lot then there's the extra batteries and solar and or gen. Cha ching $$$.
    I get your point, but I already have lithium and a gen. Also, an additional fridge is just another thing that I don't want to carry.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    Husky Centerline WDH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get your point, but I already have lithium and a gen. Also, an additional fridge is just another thing that I don't want to carry.
    Sounds like a plan. Like to know where you found one for well under $1K. I bought mine 3 years ago before covid and it was right around $949. All the ones I see now are around $1100.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a plan. Like to know where you found one for well under $1K. I bought mine 3 years ago before covid and it was right around $949. All the ones I see now are around $1100.
    I found the GE locally (to me) for $750. I just hope they have stock when I'm ready to buy.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    Husky Centerline WDH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the GE locally (to me) for $750. I just hope they have stock when I'm ready to buy.
    Wow. There were none anywhere near that cheap when I bought mine.

FYI I hope you have 200 AH of Lithium because the fridge will drain 100 a day +/-.

IMO I'd look for a more efficient one.

Here's a review of that fridge from a venors site. Sums up perfectly how the fridge works.

ok camper refrig if you have ac power available
    Tony4799 6/27/2022

My GPV10 refrig isn't able to run for extended periods (more than a day) without ac power. According to specs the average running loan is about 79 watts, using 104 AH / day. I have found these specs to be pretty accurate. I found the average running loan about 70 watts. I can't tell how many hours a day it runs, it's probably about 15 hours a day. Even with a solar panel and a generator it drains my battery. By day 2 without AC and running the generator 3 + hours a day and the solar panel 4 + hours a day it drains 2 deep cycle camper batteries. (The day time high temps were about 70 and the night time lows were about 50. As a camper refirg this doesn't work for me. We don't always camp in places with AC power so without AC we can only stay a day or maybe 2, with a generator and solar panels. Nice refirg but not for off grid camping. Also, I can't set the temp to be warmer than 40 degrees.
    Originally posted on www.ge.com

No, I do not recommend this product
    Last edited by goducks14; 02-06-2023 at 09:08 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. There were none anywhere near that cheap when I bought mine.

FYI I hope you have 200 AH of Lithium because the fridge will drain 100 a day +/-.
    I have 280 AH of lithium. I also carry a briefcase solar panel and my Champion 2500. We do not go off grid very often, but can adjust when we do.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    Husky Centerline WDH

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast