User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    I'm not sure why you feel you'd have to put the bike in the middle if using a Condor chock. I put my Interceptor on the left side of the garage since the Spyder is so wide. No reason you can't put the Condor chock where ever you want it.
    Frood, I have an Interceptor also. Looking for mounts...how do you secure the Condor to the floor?
    A picture would be very helpful here.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalz102 View Post
    Frood, I have an Interceptor also. Looking for mounts...how do you secure the Condor to the floor?
    A picture would be very helpful here.
    Been offline or would have replied earlier. I put down some flat aluminum plate with slots in it for the D-rings to fit through. Then the Condor chock is put down over a couple of pins that come up through the plate. The pins are a slip fit so they are easily removable. The Condor chock slips off the pins, then the pins drop out and the whole plate easily slips out the door if you want the room.

Then I use a CanyonDancer and tie downs to the D-rings. Not tight at all, the rear tie downs do all the work. I've got a few pics and I'll see if I can attach them.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Garage 1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	48571 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Garage 2.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	48572 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Garage 3.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	48573
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those pics look great...how thick was the AL plate?
    I have a brother who's a machinist...I'm sure he can help me with fabrication.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was 1/4" aluminum plate. I used aluminum because it's easy to work with. The only problem is welding it and I have a friend who can weld aluminum. I just wanted something that I could take out easily and set up so I didn't have to drill holes in the floor. I don't even tie the Spyder down, leave it in gear, put a couple of chocks behind the wheels and call it good. Never had any issues. I used the same kind of setup in our last toyhauler when we took two bikes, nothing moved in 10 years.
    Howard and Peggy

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was 1/4" aluminum plate. I used aluminum because it's easy to work with. The only problem is welding it and I have a friend who can weld aluminum. I just wanted something that I could take out easily and set up so I didn't have to drill holes in the floor. I don't even tie the Spyder down, leave it in gear, put a couple of chocks behind the wheels and call it good. Never had any issues. I used the same kind of setup in our last toyhauler when we took two bikes, nothing moved in 10 years.

And excellent choice in bikes.
    Howard and Peggy

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you have excellent taste in bikes.
    Howard and Peggy

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345