Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RV parks I-40

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert58 View Post
    Amarillo KOA is an option . . . on the east side of Amarillo near the airport.
    Thanks man!
    JP
    2019 Reflection 303RLS 5th wheel
    2020 F-250 SRW Lariat Crew Cab
    Pull Rite 16k Super Slide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    FYI... there is a "Muli-Quote" function. It's the button with the "+" sign to the right of "Reply With Quote." Click on the multiple posts you want to quote at one time (you'll see a check mark) and then click "Reply With Quote."

Rob
    Helps a lot......Thanks!
    JP
    2019 Reflection 303RLS 5th wheel
    2020 F-250 SRW Lariat Crew Cab
    Pull Rite 16k Super Slide

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry P View Post
    Hello, early Mar we will be headed back home down I-40 East. Can I get some suggestions campgrounds Amarillo TX, Fort Smith AR or close to the Ozarks, & Memphis TN. Asking a lot I know.......just know this group gives great advice ;-)
    Thanks!
    Hello fellow North Carolinian! I use recreation.gov for my first campground search for Army Corr. of Engineers (COE) sites near the interstate. Great deal (50% off) with National Park cards. I am traveling out to Tucson and back going south to Atlanta area then following I-20 to I-10 in February.
    US Air Force Retired
    2019 2500 Ram Bighorn
    2021 GD Reflection 150 Series 240RL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Palo Duro Canyon SP just south of Amarillo is just absolutely beautiful. Well worth the visit for a couple of days if time isn't much of a factor.
    US Air Force Retired
    2019 2500 Ram Bighorn
    2021 GD Reflection 150 Series 240RL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, early Mar we will be headed back home down I-40 East. Can I get some suggestions campgrounds Amarillo TX, Fort Smith AR or close to the Ozarks, & Memphis TN. Asking a lot I know.......just know this group gives great advice ;-)
    Thanks!
    Lake Dardanelle State Park in Russellville, AR is a beautiful park just south of I-40. The Ozarks are just a few miles to the north, and the Ouachita Mountains are to the south. If you have a couple of days or so to explore the area, Petit Jean State Park (the most beautiful and most popular state park in the state), Mt. Nebo State Park and Mt. Magazine State Park are all within about 35 miles of there.
    Last edited by PhilandAmy; 01-29-2023 at 02:03 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!
    Good luck with your trip planning. There are two section of I-40 that I avoid like the plague. Between Little Rock and Memphis is a kill zone. I would route through Searcy to avoid it. It has been over 10 years so maybe other can give you a better report. The second area is between Knoxville and Asheville. That section is just ugly because of the hills. So, if you have to drive I-40 be careful. Be safe.
    Bill & Marsha
    2020 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 2500HD Silverado 4x4
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I-40 from Little Rock to Memphis has been largely rebuilt in the last 10 years. I towed my 303 through there last week and had no problems at all. There are lots of big rigs, but the highway itself is in good shape, with the exception of about three miles through North Little Rock. That section will be rebuilt in the next two years as part of a the largest highest construction project in the state’s history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!
    If you have time….Palo Duro is worth a look

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123