User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I'd like to add one more comment about checking slide-out roofs before retracting....

I put my cell phone on a selfie stick and take a video of the top of the slides. It helps me decide if I have to use my blower gutter leaf attachment to clean the roof before retracting or if I have to get up there for some other issue. It saves getting out a ladder.

I gotta try that!
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 RAM 3500 SRW CC Short Box HO Cummins Rear Air Suspension

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the ladder that I went with. It weighs 1.5 lbs more that the GP logistics 7' ladder but is much more stable and comfortable to stand on. Here are some photos of the ladder in an S-Class (which is what we have). Note that it would lay flatter but the trailer I used for the photo had an additional battery. I may just hang the ladder from the upper aluminum runners in the storage area. Obviously this ladder takes more space, but for me the benefit of better stability, more comfortable rungs, and a higher reach out weigh the space issue.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Little-Gian...dder/999968837

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1865.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	44629

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roegs01 View Post
    Here is the ladder that I went with. It weighs 1.5 lbs more that the GP logistics 7' ladder but is much more stable and comfortable to stand on. Here are some photos of the ladder in an S-Class (which is what we have). Note that it would lay flatter but the trailer I used for the photo had an additional battery. I may just hang the ladder from the upper aluminum runners in the storage area. Obviously this ladder takes more space, but for me the benefit of better stability, more comfortable rungs, and a higher reach out weigh the space issue.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Little-Gian...dder/999968837

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1865.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	44629
    I used some eye bolts and ratchet straps to mount my HF ladder (like the Little Giant) to the roof of my storage compartment. It does get it out of the way of everything else, but it’s a beast to put away (weight and configuration); I pretty much have to empty the compartment to remove or store it. I’ve used it twice since putting it there 5 months ago. I may reconsider that setup - that ladder is heavy, and I’ve seldom had a need for anything taller than about 8’.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshhm View Post
    I used some eye bolts and ratchet straps to mount my HF ladder (like the Little Giant) to the roof of my storage compartment. It does get it out of the way of everything else, but it’s a beast to put away (weight and configuration); I pretty much have to empty the compartment to remove or store it. I’ve used it twice since putting it there 5 months ago. I may reconsider that setup - that ladder is heavy, and I’ve seldom had a need for anything taller than about 8’.
    Weight was a big consideration for me - my back is not that good and I watch what I lift. I weighed the GP Logistics ladder and it was about 24.5 lbs. The Little Giant I purchased is 26 lbs. Some of the other multi-ladders come in well over 35 lbs and that was just too much for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought this model of telescopic and am happy with it. I use the pool noodle as well to ensure the RV is not marked. It retracts nicley and fits in the front compartment.

https://www.amazon.ca/sogesfurniture...8&sr=8-15&th=1
    Dave & Carol
    Eastern GTA, ON
    2022 Reflection 303RLS Fifth Wheel
    2017 GMC 2500 Crew Cab pick up (6.0 litre Gasser)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12