User Tag List

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ritterjd View Post
    NOT Colerain RV in New Carlisle (Dayton), Ohio.
    I hear that the main Colerain RV in Colerain (Cincinnati), Ohio is great however.
    Colerain RV (Cincinnati) is the worse service I've ever dealt with. Lazy, dishonest, poor workmanship. They just don't care that we spent big $$ on our GD. They got they're money at the sale and could care less.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New to Grand Design but on our first trip of 3500 miles Leaches Camper of Lincoln Nebraska stepped up just as I had hoped for when I [purchased a Grand Design.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ketelsen RV Hiawatha IA.

Friendly folks, delivery was a little disappointing as they were very busy and didn't seem to have much time for us. Didn't adjust the WDH from previous trailer, wasn't parked by old camper to transfer our stuff. But the trailer was clean and detailed with no problems.
    2019 Transcend 26rls
    2010 Nissan Titan w full tow package
    Rich & Sharon

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, here it is 7 months later and I'm finally following up. Sorry.......... On to my long winded story.....

The delivery and purchase paperwork could not have gone any worse that it did. We arrive five minutes early for our scheduled time and are promptly greeted by the intake office (we traded our old TT in) The fiasco starts out with them taking us to our new camper to transfer our belongings from old to new. They had us pull up door to door, which meant driving the truck up an incline to get the old camper into it's spot. Well, with the spring bars still on, and the truck nose up, there was an incredible amount of tension on them that no jacking up of the TT would ever release the tension. I got into a not so happy discussion of what I needed to do to get unhitched, and finally told the 'spotter' I was going to do it my way and that was that. After I got the truck positioned better, off came the bars without issue. Our salesman, Jordan, was there for us, and gave us a quick view in our camper before we went to finance.

Off we go to the main building, and discover that the finance guy was still with another client, so we would have to wait 'a few minutes' that turned into more than an hour. Since it's now noon, we decide to eat a bite while we wait..... and wait.... and wait. I contacted Jordan, and he promptly offed that we do the 'PDI' instead of waiting. Back to the camper we go. One half hour later, along comes the PDI guy who gave us all of a 30 minute 'orientation' that was a joke. I knew more about the 5er than he did! When he showed me the front baggage compartment, it was WAY obvious the door frame was mis-shaped, and it was obvious that was missed not only by the manufacturer, but their own PDI people. He put in a call to a tech, who arrived in a while to examine it, and when I offered up the obvious, he defiantly told me HE did the PDI and it WAS NOT like that at that time. Really? By now it's 3:30 and our salesman comes to get us to go back to the office, as they were now ready for us. After waiting another hour and a half, we finally get in the office. We were paying cash for the new camper, so it should have gone quickly........... and by now you can guess it didn't. I won't bore you all with the details, but since the finance guy was in a hurry to go home - he had a wrestling match to go watch - he made several mistakes. After all is said and and done, at 5:30 we are taken back to our new camper to spend the night making sure things were working.

It got down to 34 that night, and thankfully the furnace and water heater worked like a charm. My wife showers, and to my horror, there's water running out from the bottom door track, under the wall into the bedroom! luckily I caught it sooner than later. Bad caulk job that should have caught during THEIR PDI. The lighting on one of the recliners decides to malfunction and won't turn off. I call the service advisor to fill him in, and he promises a tech out to us first thing. First thing turns out to be 10:00 after I call him several times. While I'm waiting, I decide i should check tire pressures. They are all at 60 PSI, give or take, so i set about filling them to 80 PSI as they should be. Glad I brought my little pancake compressor! Uh oh, here comes the tech with an attitude again. Bitching and moaning about poor pay, lousy benefits, you name it. He heads to the shower with a tube of silicone to 'fix' the bad seal job. Knowing it won't work that way, I tell him I want the lower track resealed the right way - completely stripped and re caulked. He tells me 'that ain't going to happen.' Fine I tell him, I'll do it myself. Next..... he fusses with the light system on the one recliner for a half hour and declares it will need a whole new recliner since there are no repair parts to be had. (I later found out that LCI will ship a new controller for the lights since that's the fix)

By now it's almost noon, we haven't had breakfast, and we need to get going as it's a 3 hour drive home. Wifey is so pissed by now she wants to scuttle the deal and tell them to go pound salt. More unhappy words with the service advisor to no avail, so we finally decide to take it as is, and deal with the issues ourselves. The baggage door replacement has been approved by Grand Design, but I'll be damned if I bring it back there. I'm hoping Grand Design will have a door shipped to me so I can do the job myself. If not I'll buy it from LCI. It will cost me more in fuel to take it to the dealer anyway. I cannot and never will encourage anyone to buy from Lazy Days in Tampa.......... unless you buy and roll it off the lot as is. Sales - great guy and very attentive. Service after the sale and attitude from the service department gets them an F minus. On our first trip out, I repaired the shower leak, and haven't bothered with the lighting. I will say that our Grand Design 337RLS has been a great camper, and we are really happy with it.

Sorry for the rant, but I needed to get it off my chest.
    Last edited by Springerdad; 06-19-2019 at 10:36 AM.
    David and Vicki and 21 month old Springer Spaniel Sadie
    2019 Silverado LTZ 2500HD Crew Cab Short Bed Duramax/Allison stock
    2023 Reflection 150 series 226RK
    B&W Companion 16K on rails EezTire TPMS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb56 View Post
    I was hoping to see Lazy Days Tucson on the list....we haven't purchased yet but have been there a few times. We got very, very good service from Doug when we rented a TT just to try the TT lifestyle for a week. Dealing with sales....not so much. I guess they are selling so fast these days that the sales people don't care if you buy or not and they don't seem to want to spend time with us. They don't have the model we want in stock and they tried to talk us into a Highland Ridge, then a Lance. We looked at them then the salesman seemed put out when we said we wanted to wait for the GD to arrive. Our only other nearby GD dealer is about a 2 hour drive, Little Dealer, Little Prices in Phoenix. I have heard however that they are good to deal with. Would really like to buy close to home and Lazy Days is only 15 min from the house.
    If you're still shopping, I would recommend Little Dealer in Mesa over Orangewood in Surprise. Lazy Days (TUS) didn't have the 2600RB in stock when we were shopping. We're in Sierra Vista and purchased from Orangewood in February. A co-worker purchased from Little Dealer this month and got a much better deal on a discontinued 2970 TT.

As for service, still an unknown for Little Dealer. However, our kitchen sink drain broke. [Defective parts from supplier.] Discovered that on our very first pre-trip. Called Orangewood when leaving SV - they needed me to drop off the TT for a week so they could inspect and then pick it up. They would then need 3-5 weeks to obtain authorization to order parts and schedule the repair. WHAT! Called GD just after the Border Patrol checkpoint on HWY 90. Had the parts approved and on-order before we reached Benson. That self-repair was much easier than dealing with Orangewood.
    2019 GD Imagine 2600RB
    Maxxis M8008 ST Radial 225/75R-15 E 10-ply tires
    MoRryde CRE2-35 CRE3000 w/ wet bolt kit & X-Factor cross-member
    Furrion Observation camera with 5-inch monitor
    Equalizer WDH 1,000/10,000

2018 Toyota Tundra SR5 Extended Cab
    Michelin Defender LTX E-rated tires
    RoadMaster Active Suspension (in lieu of TRD sway bar and airbags)
    BakFLip MX4 hard-folding tonneau cover
    Putco Blade LED Tailgate Light Bar
    Westin stainless R7 running boards

Southern Arizona - We're close to Tombstone and can see Mexico (Mt. San Jose) from our backyard.
    US Army, Retired

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like this thread has been left in the dust of time! Being new here, I don't know what to look for so I ask... has this information been made into a 'sticky', as has been requested? And does anyone have anything new to add? I'm looking to buy a 2500RL in TX somewhere and have appreciated the tips on Crestview in Buda and ExploreUSA in Seguin. May also check out Rockwall. I did some review searches and am disturbed at the uneven reports on Crestview. Many folks say STAY AWAY from there but just as many say they are good. Anything new on them? They have several 2500's on their lot at the moment, whereas Seguin has none BUT Seguin has, overall, a much better ranking.
    Velocity BLOOO 2020 4x4 Ford F150 3.5 ecoboost 3.55 axle ratio
    2500RL in the (near) FUTURE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hey Steve,

This a great "positive spin" on the problem dealer stories.
    Please add Layzee Acres in Orillia, Ontario.

It would be great if we could get all these dealer recommendation on one "sticky" note, so we could find it when we need it.

Rob
    Totally agree with the sticky!! Admin are you listening???
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trailer Hitch RV, Nipomo, California.
    John, Susan & Luke
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS #867
    Bakersfield, CA

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmyx1 View Post
    Looks like this thread has been left in the dust of time! Being new here, I don't know what to look for so I ask... has this information been made into a 'sticky', as has been requested? And does anyone have anything new to add? I'm looking to buy a 2500RL in TX somewhere and have appreciated the tips on Crestview in Buda and ExploreUSA in Seguin. May also check out Rockwall. I did some review searches and am disturbed at the uneven reports on Crestview. Many folks say STAY AWAY from there but just as many say they are good. Anything new on them? They have several 2500's on their lot at the moment, whereas Seguin has none BUT Seguin has, overall, a much better ranking.
    Me personally I would be searching for the best price not the best dealer as most things I would fix myself
    My dealer I will never see again as they are over 800 miles away from me but those thousand dollar bills are still mine

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmyx1 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by zinman View Post
    Totally agree with the sticky!! Admin are you listening???
    Keep in mind that postings prior to oxymx1 are two years old, most are older yet. Times, circumstance, and workforce change.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast