User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not familiar with the electronic panels but am wonder if you can do a full reset on that system. And since the iPhone & touch pad indicated the manual switch was being activated originally I am wondering if it is an electronic glitch in the control system and not the manual switch. If there is a control box with relays I’d look there.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I’m not familiar with the electronic panels but am wonder if you can do a full reset on that system. And since the iPhone & touch pad indicated the manual switch was being activated originally I am wondering if it is an electronic glitch in the control system and not the manual switch. If there is a control box with relays I’d look there.
    ^^this^^
    OR ... they bypassed the controller and powered the slide directly through the switch
    MB, Ab and Ufki (under foot kitty)
    '18 RAM Laramie Cummins HO
    '19 303RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In your original post you say you believe it is not a Schwintek slide. Are you sure? Schwintek have the tracks mounted on the outside edges of the slide. Non Schwintek's have tracks underneath.

You could try pulling slide 2 and slide 3 switch (as long as they are the same slide type), and swap them. If the problem moves with the switch, then it's likely the switch (even if dealer replaced switch). If problems remains with slide 2, then its somewhere else. If it ends up being Schwintek slides after all, then I would find the slide controllers, and swap them. They are generally side by side so you can just swap wires between the two. If the problem moves then it's likely the controller. If not, then somewhere else. After that, I have no other input since I don't have a system that uses pad or an app, so don't know how they all interact.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post
    In your original post you say you believe it is not a Schwintek slide. Are you sure? Schwintek have the tracks mounted on the outside edges of the slide. Non Schwintek's have tracks underneath.

You could try pulling slide 2 and slide 3 switch (as long as they are the same slide type), and swap them. If the problem moves with the switch, then it's likely the switch (even if dealer replaced switch). If problems remains with slide 2, then its somewhere else. If it ends up being Schwintek slides after all, then I would find the slide controllers, and swap them. They are generally side by side so you can just swap wires between the two. If the problem moves then it's likely the controller. If not, then somewhere else. After that, I have no other input since I don't have a system that uses pad or an app, so don't know how they all interact.

Mike
    Thank you for the response. It is the non Schwintek slide. Slide one and two are the thru frame electric slides. I have been dealing with this now for about a year and believe I did try the switch swap earlier to no avail. I actually preferred the way it worked previously. It's going back to the dealer when some parts come in for other deficiencies and I'll let them try one more time. I honestly don't have much faith in their technicians.
    2023 Solitude S 2930RL-R
    2012 Ford F-350 King Ranch Crew Cab SWR

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't blame you on lack of confidence. Im going to bet its something with the app or the pad.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12