User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#2 slide manual swiitch

#2 slide's manual switch stopped working on our shake down campout. I can extend and retract the slide with either my Iphone or the pad inside the trailer. I believe this is a non Schwintek slide. Any ideas on the fix?

2023 Solitude 2930RL-R
    2023 Solitude S 2930RL-R
    2012 Ford F-350 King Ranch Crew Cab SWR

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the slide still works with the iPhone, probably need to replace the switch. You should be able to pull the switch out and replace easily enough.

https://www.etrailer.com/s.aspx?qry=...arts-pt-Switch

You should be able to troubleshoot the switch with a multimeter or a simple 12v test light.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

manual switch

Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post
    If the slide still works with the iPhone, probably need to replace the switch. You should be able to pull the switch out and replace easily enough.

https://www.etrailer.com/s.aspx?qry=...arts-pt-Switch

You should be able to troubleshoot the switch with a multimeter or a simple 12v test light.

Mike
    Thanks Mike, that was my first thought as well. I was really hoping someone would just say to press the pad reset button and all would be well. One thing to consider is that when the manual switch is pressed it appears to signal the pad and Iphone that the slide is receiving a signal from one of the other sources. That made me think that the switch was probably working. Please let me know if you think otherwise.
    2023 Solitude S 2930RL-R

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clodhopper View Post
    Thanks Mike, that was my first thought as well. I was really hoping someone would just say to press the pad reset button and all would be well. One thing to consider is that when the manual switch is pressed it appears to signal the pad and Iphone that the slide is receiving a signal from one of the other sources. That made me think that the switch was probably working. Please let me know if you think otherwise.
    Could still be bad. I believe the switches are multiple pole. However, I'd first pull it and check the wiring. Crimp connectors are sometimes poorly done or flat out forgotten in terms of the whole crimp concept...
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update ------------- took the unit into the dealer for the recall and the #2 slide problem. The dealer replaced the switch and now neither phone app or the pad will operate the slide. Any ideas on the fix? Rather not return to the dealer if possible.
    2023 Solitude S 2930RL-R

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#2 slide manual swiitch

Update ------------- took the unit into the dealer for the recall and the #2 slide problem. The dealer replaced the switch and now neither phone app or the pad will operate the slide. Any ideas on the fix? Rather not return to the dealer if possible.
    The dealer or you didn’t test it at the dealership or is the dealership unable to find the problem?
    Last edited by NB Canada; 10-23-2023 at 03:21 AM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking they broke a wire or broke some connection in the control centre. Must have something to do with the switch replacement...wrong switch, didn't put all the wires back on, pulled a connection apart while working on the switch...did the job live and blew a fuse (check them)
    Hope the dealer didn't charge you for the 'repair'.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    The dealer or you didn’t test it at the dealership or is the dealership unable to find the problem?
    Thanks for your useless response. FYI the unit had been there for three weeks already. They brought it out to the service drive and the batteries were stone cold dead. I couldn't even hook it up to the truck much less operate the slides or level the trailer.
    2023 Solitude S 2930RL-R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Thinking they broke a wire or broke some connection in the control centre. Must have something to do with the switch replacement...wrong switch, didn't put all the wires back on, pulled a connection apart while working on the switch...did the job live and blew a fuse (check them)
    Hope the dealer didn't charge you for the 'repair'.
    The work was done under the warranty. I wasn't clear...... the new switch installed does now work. The manual switch pad, the phone app and the control pad work for the #1 and #3 slides. The #2 slide now only works with the new manual switch installed by the dealer.
    2023 Solitude S 2930RL-R

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your useless response. FYI the unit had been there for three weeks already. They brought it out to the service drive and the batteries were stone cold dead. I couldn't even hook it up to the truck much less operate the slides or level the trailer.
    Sorry you thought it was useless but it was for clarification
    If it was operating at some point and then wasn’t makes it a different situation then if it was never fixed
    I see you now clarified the “new” switch does work
    I assumed from your first post that nothing did
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast