User Tag List

Thread: 25G TT Question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

25G TT Question

Hi, all. Looking at a new Momentum 25G, have a few questions if anyone can share:

Is a second AC necessary? We have a 350M now and need all the AC we can get...

If any of you have the 300W Solar upgrade, are you happy with it? Hard to upgrade (to 600 or 1000W)? -- I have 4 - 6 Volts on the 350M that I'll keep if it matters.

Lastly, there are 22 model years close by and 23 model years within a couple hours, anyone know if there is a difference on the 23s?

Thanks in advance!!

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @huntr70 might be able to tell you something about the differences between model years...

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can answer some of these.

I have the 300W panel and its "ok" for the stock Magnum CSW 1000W inverter and Lead acid single battery. I quickly tossed the stock 30A Solar Charge Controller (junk Jaboni) and moved everything to Victron. The stock 300W Jaboni panel has a Voc of 39.85v so keep that in mind if you plan to double it up. I believe in 2023 they switched to a different manufacturer (maybe Furrion). For your batteries just remember that at 12v you'll be getting about 30A in perfect sun from that panel/charge controller combo.

I plan to add more solar this summer but not the exact model as the stock 300W panel is an odd-duck, shows Jaboni (that is just a local RV parts reseller though) but matches the specs of a JA Solar JAM60S01-300/PR. I'll leave the 30A MPPT for this one and add another solar charge controller for the new panels that I can obtain locally and replace if required.

The biggest problem you will have with the 25G is outdoor storage... it has basically none. The front storage "closet" is very very small and vertical. So you need to think "up" lol. I've ordered a large storage box for the tongue to see if I can solve some of this (install across tongue where old battery box is). I'm trying the Lund 74448FM Black 48" Aluminum Diamond Plated Full Lid Flush Mount Box. Next I'm going to work on under storage likely

If you are going to skip the generator, you have a good place for batteries and other bits. Otherwise there is a small spot under the bed if you clean up GD's wiring disaster (Terry used this to install a large 200ah battery though I'd only install LifePO4 under there, no lead acid).

---

We love the trailer as the size is just right to fit into places that Toy Haulers don't normally go and it's the only G series towable with a reasonable bathroom/bedroom layout (though GD still insides on putting two damn bathroom doors so you lose an entire wall of storage).
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the question on if the 2nd AC is needed depends on where you camp.

If you're in Florida than you will absolutely want the 2nd AC. If your in Wyoming than you may not need it.

We're in Michigan and the 1 or 2 hot and humid weekends are manageable with 1 AC.
    2021 Momentum 25G
    2021 F150 3.5 EcoBoost

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stayed for a 90 degree stop in Hawthorne Nevada in July. Full hookups with front A/C running. Total sweatshop and had small fans running. Found out that thermostat was in Centigrade mode! Bought this sucker for the front A/C!!!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go for the second ac. As my mama taught me, it’s better to have something you don’t need than to need something you don’t have. In addition, in times when you can by with a single ac, with the racetrack ducting you can use tue ac this n tue other room so it’s quieter.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thorvald, how did the tool box up front work out? Do you happen to have a pic?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokado View Post
    Thorvald, how did the tool box up front work out? Do you happen to have a pic?
    it worked awesome! Next time I’d buy the even bigger (longer) box as there is still room side to side. Should be a factory default item as far as I am concerned on the G series since we have zero damn storage space.

I’ll see where I,put the pics having trouble finding.
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2275.jpeg 
Views:	6 
Size:	113.2 KB 
ID:	49063Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2279.jpeg 
Views:	7 
Size:	110.1 KB 
ID:	49064