User Tag List

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does Multiplus Eliminate Converter?

Does a Victron Multiplus II 2X Inverter/Charger eliminate the need for a converter.

My plan is to add an inverter to my rig and swap my Lead Acid batteries for Lithium. It looks like I can get most of what I need from this one Victron device.

No solar. Yet.

My question is, Does this eliminate the need for my existing WFCO inverter?
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, it does. I am doing the same install, and this device has a 3000 watt psw inverter, automatic ats and a built in charger (I believe 50 amp). Victron is a great choice for its great design, versatility and quality. The 2x120 is great for 50 amp rigs as it powers both legs.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Multiplus II (120v) has a 120 amp charger (minus any 12v loads being supplied). Mine will normally charge at around 107-109amps. There are settings that will affect that. When I first got it it would only go to about 70 amps.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Yes, it does. I am doing the same install, and this device has a 3000 watt psw inverter, automatic ats and a built in charger (I believe 50 amp). Victron is a great choice for its great design, versatility and quality. The 2x120 is great for 50 amp rigs as it powers both legs.

Bill
    Bill. What other goodies did you get to go with it? Anything else from Victron? Thanks.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    Bill. What other goodies did you get to go with it? Anything else from Victron? Thanks.
    Hi FlyStar,

Going full Victron.

So far I have 800 watts on the roof. The plan is to run to a Victron 150/60 solar charge controller. Two Ampere Time 300 ah batteries for a total of 600 ah connected through a Victron Lymx and monitored by a Victron Cerbo and Victron Touch 50.

The Solar is installed and connected. Waiting for it to get warmer where I store my trailer to start some of the other installations.
    This stuff is really expensive, so it has taken me like the past 7 months to buy as I go. About 3/4 the way there. Last items are need is 60 feet of the 6/3 ac wire, the Multiplus II x 120, Cerbo, touch 50 and some of the connection cables and the usb dongle etc. Gettin there.

Bill
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Hi FlyStar,

Going full Victron.

So far I have 800 watts on the roof. The plan is to run to a Victron 150/60 solar charge controller. Two Ampere Time 300 ah batteries for a total of 600 ah connected through a Victron Lymx and monitored by a Victron Cerbo and Victron Touch 50.

The Solar is installed and connected. Waiting for it to get warmer where I store my trailer to start some of the other installations.
    This stuff is really expensive, so it has taken me like the past 7 months to buy as I go. About 3/4 the way there. Last items are need is 60 feet of the 6/3 ac wire, the Multiplus II x 120, Cerbo, touch 50 and some of the connection cables and the usb dongle etc. Gettin there.

Bill
    Bill: If you want to save some money, you might look at using single wires inside of conduit instead of the 60 feet of 6/3 cable. That is how I wired up my system, I just bought a 100' roll of #6 wire (black and red) and a smaller ga. ground wire and ran them inside of 3/4" conduit.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    Bill: If you want to save some money, you might look at using single wires inside of conduit instead of the 60 feet of 6/3 cable. That is how I wired up my system, I just bought a 100' roll of #6 wire (black and red) and a smaller ga. ground wire and ran them inside of 3/4" conduit.
    Thanks, definitely something to think about. The 60’ of SOO is running a touch over 400 bucks!

Bill
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d like to bounce this idea to y’all. I think I can fit a Multiplus II 2X in the space where my current converter is. Since I’m not planning on any solar, all the AC and DC wiring is right there. Would be super easy from a wiring standpoint.

But. The 12 volt wire size between the exiting converter to the batteries is probably not heavy enough to sustain the 3000 W inverter. So, perhaps run some more wires there. Maybe 20 feet or so.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    I’d like to bounce this idea to y’all. I think I can fit a Multiplus II 2X in the space where my current converter is. Since I’m not planning on any solar, all the AC and DC wiring is right there. Would be super easy from a wiring standpoint.

But. The 12 volt wire size between the exiting converter to the batteries is probably not heavy enough to sustain the 3000 W inverter. So, perhaps run some more wires there. Maybe 20 feet or so.
    Hi FlyStar,

You have the 312bhts, which is a very similar Floor plan to mine. If you have the east/west bedroom with the big closet, there is a wardrobe and drawers on the bathroom side of the bed. You could relocate the batteries behind the drawers and run thicker gauge wires under the shower to the batteries easily and not have to your to the front.

Bill
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill. Great idea. Plus the batteries would be in a heated space. I’ll have a look.