User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Screen door issues

My lippert screen door doesn't fit tightly, allowing light AND insects inside the camper. I've had it in, but was told that there are no adjustments that will fix this - HELP!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. Some pictures would help address the issue. I'm confused on the light comment, it's a screen door, of course light comes in, unless you are referring to the edges.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about the confusion. the light is coming from "gaps" around the edges of the screen door itself. The bottom also had a gap of the black skirting about an inch on each side - and the slide didn't allow to put a one piece section in of the right length - the repair facility shoved additional material on either side so that I can "train" it to fill the gaps at the bottom. I don't believe that this is how it is suppose to fit or that a screen door would have gaps - so I'm at a loss as to how to get this fixed

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took some pictures of one of my screen doors so you have a reference. These are from outside looking in. There is a brush type "insulation" that goes between frame and door. The frame should cover the rest of any gaps. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230124_162158.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	44577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230124_162132.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	44578
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieMB54 View Post
    My lippert screen door doesn't fit tightly, allowing light AND insects inside the camper. I've had it in, but was told that there are no adjustments that will fix this - HELP!
    I had the opposite problem; the door rubbed badly on the top corner opposite the hinges.
    I ended up grinding the top edge with a disc grinder. Now it fits perfectly.
    GD did send me a new door that I will install myself soon.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieMB54 View Post
    Sorry about the confusion. the light is coming from "gaps" around the edges of the screen door itself. The bottom also had a gap of the black skirting about an inch on each side - and the slide didn't allow to put a one piece section in of the right length - the repair facility shoved additional material on either side so that I can "train" it to fill the gaps at the bottom. I don't believe that this is how it is suppose to fit or that a screen door would have gaps - so I'm at a loss as to how to get this fixed
    Have you contacted Grand Design about this? You have to get on the phone early yo get through to them.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I haven't been totally clear - I'm attaching pictures of my screen door on my Grand Design Solitude. It shows the gaps allowing daylight to come through and also allowing bugs to come inside. If this is "normal" please let me know.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230126_125726.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	44604Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230126_125711.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	44603Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230126_125700.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	44602

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say it's not normal, especially that part by the lower corner. Is the camper level?

It looks like the door either isn't being pulled in all the way or the door isn't completely flat for the picture with the gap in the top. You might be able to pull the latch plate in towards the inside to see if it pulls the door shut more (assuming the RV is level). The picture that is near the handle almost looks like sunlight is coming from the frame, not where the door contacts the frame.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The camper is totally level. The dealer tried to pull the latch plate in, it did nothing. And you're right the area by the handle is by the frame - but it all hinges on the screen door not fitting right