User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, first I'll say the Bilstein 5100 series are a great shock, you won't be disappointed. But a shock change does not require a front end alignment.
    Labour charge for installing the shocks seems pretty high to me....but...I do that stuff myself so it ALWAYS seems expensive to me. lol

As to whether your trucks behavior is because of your shocks? I don't know . Don't have enough information. After your trailer is disconnected, drive your truck and see if it bounces too much. If it doesn't...maybe trailer loading is too blame. Maybe not enough tongue weight.
    Last edited by Scott'n'Wendy; 01-26-2023 at 02:02 PM.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Well, first I'll say the Bilstein 5100 series are a great shock, you won't be disappointed. But a shock change does not require a front end alignment.
    Labour charge for installing the shocks seems pretty high to me....but...I do that stuff myself so it ALWAYS seems expensive to me. lol
    Yes. Agree. Don’t really want to attempt this here in the campground. Next step is to get a competitive estimate.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that your tongue weight could be affecting your ride more than shocks. If you’re going to spend that kind of money, heck get airbags for the rear and then you wont have any problems at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12