User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haloview side cameras not working?

Removed my stock side marker light and hooked up the haloview camera/light combo and it's marker light doesn't come on. All other marker lights on the RV is on and multi meter shows power to the hot wire (around 14v). It's the exact same wires that the factory side marker light was connected to.

I tried out both cameras to the wiring and the marker light doesn't come on on either, leaving me to think it's a me problem rather than 2 did cameras. What am I overlooking?

Im not going to use wire caps for the final install this is just for testing. (the three wires green/white, green, black were already wire capped behind the lights prior to accessing the area. The green trigger wire is not connected as my marker lights don't function as turn signals.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20230126_160053_Gallery.jpg  
    2018 2150RB/2022 F150 Powerboost

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you test the light directly to a 12V battery and see if it will come on? I'm fairly positive I did the same as just hooking up the power and ground without the green trigger wire, and it worked right away.
    2021 GD Reflection 28BH
    2021 Ford F-250 CCSB 6.7L

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I can try that later today. The question then becomes. If it works on the battery what gives on the RV wiring...

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaostactics View Post
    Yes I can try that later today. The question then becomes. If it works on the battery what gives on the RV wiring...
    I am just thinking if you are getting 14V to those wires then it should just power on, although it would be strange to have two bad lights new out of the box.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might have the polarity reversed. LEDs are like a check valve, current only flows one way.
    2020 Reflection 150 240RL
    2020 F250 XLT 7.3L Godzilla
    Curt A20 hitch with turning point locked
    Westinghouse igen4500 LIFEPO4 280ah 3.2v cells

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't the power only on when the light is on? I think I have seen this before.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried both ways.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the side marker lights on and active and I was trying to hook up the cameras

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solved: the three-wire bundle behind the side marker wire had a loose connection. Even though they aren't connected to the side markers I suspect it has something to do with the ground circuit. Anyway someone told me to check by connecting the camera directly to a 12V, it worked so then I went back through and did a systematic wire check and figured out I'd overlooked wiring that I thought wasn't part of the system.

/thread
    2018 2150RB/2022 F150 Powerboost