User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GD Upgrades Their Customer Service Software.

It seems like GD is doing something to improve customer service - to me this seems like it can only help.

I'm not sure which sales person at the software company decided "upskilling" was really a verb tho. ("...10 leaders in the service department, upskilling them..") Maybe trained is a better choice?

Then there was this..... "...they empowered 100 Grand Design customer service representatives to accept, commit, and sustain the solution...". My first thought was that if there was a solution - does it need to be sustained??? I think the idea is that if you get a different rep each time they can see what transpired in the past and, for unresolved problems, can sustain troubleshooting to reach a solution.

And then there were these hopeful words and thoughts.... "...With the implementation of Salesforce Service Cloud, the Grand Design customer service team will be more efficient, more data-driven, and will always have the customer at the center of what they do...” and "...To our customers, thank you,” said Jerry McCarthy. “We are excited and confident to offer you an elevated service experience on Salesforce going forward....”

Just thought I'd pass this on... back to reading some more industry news so I can get 'upskilled' on current events....
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, Larry - I read that article a few hours ago when released on RV Business. While I appreciated to see the focus on service improvement by GDRV, the way the article was written was less than "clearly worded" as you pointed out.

I hope it works....if Jerry McCarthy was the cheerleader for this, I suspect good things to come. Jerry is awesome leader and wonderful person. The team will deliver results in due time......should be good for we owners and other stakeholders.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    It seems like GD is doing something to improve customer service - to me this seems like it can only help.

I'm not sure which sales person at the software company decided "upskilling" was really a verb tho. ("...10 leaders in the service department, upskilling them..") Maybe trained is a better choice?

Then there was this..... "...they empowered 100 Grand Design customer service representatives to accept, commit, and sustain the solution...". My first thought was that if there was a solution - does it need to be sustained??? I think the idea is that if you get a different rep each time they can see what transpired in the past and, for unresolved problems, can sustain troubleshooting to reach a solution.

And then there were these hopeful words and thoughts.... "...With the implementation of Salesforce Service Cloud, the Grand Design customer service team will be more efficient, more data-driven, and will always have the customer at the center of what they do...” and "...To our customers, thank you,” said Jerry McCarthy. “We are excited and confident to offer you an elevated service experience on Salesforce going forward....”

Just thought I'd pass this on... back to reading some more industry news so I can get 'upskilled' on current events....
    Upskilled huh....that's a new on me too. Enhanced training, modernized computerized record keeping and accessibility, staffing levels that are suitable for the amount of issues encountered.........but Upskilled? I guess that is a one word catch all that covers everything. Down south we call that....all y'all!
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you know what they say: "If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bull...".
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's only as good as the information documented in it and if there's enough seats for seamless pass off. My global Technical Services team are on this platform as well as all of my Plant Managers and QA/QC personnel. It's helped tremendously on the internal service side, but it's a mess externally facing with our Sales Representatives lodging support requests - incomplete, inaccurate, no SKU references, categorized incorrectly, everything ranked with top priority, etc., etc.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob - always appreciate your expertise in so many areas.

Curious, how long have you all been using this ? What is being implemented to address the issues ? Longer term, do you think it will work as intended and if not, what next ?

Dan
    Last edited by Canyonlight; 01-27-2023 at 07:18 AM.
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Rob - always appreciate your expertise in so many areas.

Curious, how long have you all been using this ? What is being implemented to address the issues ? Longer term, do you think it will work as intended and if not, what next ?

Dan
    All good questions, Dan. I think with any platform of this nature it is very dependent on the data entered. Hopeful the data entry is done without missing anything, if it's haphazzard it will fail and add to the CS problems that already exsist. Fingers crossed for GD that it is implemented with great care.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like statistics.... data is only good depending on how its used. And unfortunately, humans arent the best at processing, delivery, or even sharing such knowledge on a constant basis. One of the reasons why I (and others still) work in IT for so many years. LOL.

From my experience, buy-in-by-all always seemed to create the best products with the least rework and failures, and created ownership of the process and final product. However determining the amount of time and the practice there of is the tricky part. Then there is always the fix it later (80% acceptable) that never happens.

One of the best inventions was the assembly line. The next great invention was the ability for a assembly worker to stop it and complain....
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I call this kinda stuff Business Speak, or BS for short.
    I know it well...use to use it
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    It's only as good as the information documented in it and if there's enough seats for seamless pass off. My global Technical Services team are on this platform as well as all of my Plant Managers and QA/QC personnel. It's helped tremendously on the internal service side, but it's a mess externally facing with our Sales Representatives lodging support requests - incomplete, inaccurate, no SKU references, categorized incorrectly, everything ranked with top priority, etc., etc.
    Sounds like a good opportunity to restrict access so sales folk can't get in.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast