Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much weight do you load into your 2600

Hi all
    I知 considering the purchase of a 2021 2610ML Imagine.
    I知 working out the tow capacities, more specifically, the tongue weight.
    I知 getting close to the the TW.

Since the trailer GVWR is 7995 and the UVW is 6274 I would assume the maximum cargo weight allowed would be 1721. But I知 also assuming that you would not want to max out the GVWR by loading the full cargo amount.

So, being a newbie, I知 wondering how much weight in cargo you generally load into your trailer (aside from water, propane, batteries). My intention is to minimally load cargo into the truck so as to minimize the payload weight.

Thanks for any input.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RollingDownTheRoad View Post
    Hi all
    I’m considering the purchase of a 2021 2610ML Imagine.
    I’m working out the tow capacities, more specifically, the tongue weight.
    I’m getting close to the the TW.

Since the trailer GVWR is 7995 and the UVW is 6274 I would assume the maximum cargo weight allowed would be 1721. But I’m also assuming that you would not want to max out the GVWR by loading the full cargo amount.

So, being a newbie, I’m wondering how much weight in cargo you generally load into your trailer (aside from water, propane, batteries). My intention is to minimally load cargo into the truck so as to minimize the payload weight.

Thanks for any input.
    A towable RV is different than most other trailers in that weight can move around in the course of a trip. FW gets used and ends up in the waste tanks, food and drink the same. Propane gets used and disappears. Many other items may ride home in a different location as well. Due to the fact that we all use our RVs differently, everyones experience on this will be different as well. So I recomend not trying to cut it close on the numbers. Use the GVWR of the coach, and the maximum tounge/pin weight. A lot of new trucks get bought because some cut it close on their estimating, and fell short of what they needed
    Last edited by huntindog; 01-27-2023 at 02:36 AM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My smaller 2400 bh has a TW of 875 lbs. Yours should be there or higher
    You should never consider lowering TW to match the TV. It is the most important factor in towing. Change the trailer or the truck if it doesn稚 work
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2600 RB with a 7850 lb loaded max. Last time I weighed I had a weight of 6600 lb loaded. The math showed I had approx. 1200 lb of cargo in the trailer.
    Tongue weight was approaching 1000 lb.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For prelim calculations, assume 12.5% of the trailers GVWR will be on the tongue. Likely less, but then you know your truck will always be within capacity.

But, you asked about actual loads - at one time I was having big weight distribution issues so literally weighed every single thing that went into the trailer for a two week trip. Ended up being about 750 pounds. (not including liquids, propane, batteries, etc.) Food, clothing, dishes and other kitchen, camp chairs, fishing gear, gadgets, tools, etc. You will find that available space naturally limits "how much", unless you specifically load big/heavy items - generators, gold bars, and the like.
    I haven't weighed, but assume that for even this current 3 month trip, I am not over 900 lbs. But it is pretty jam packed inside right now.
    Water and waste can put you overweight pretty easily, but that is usually pretty straight forward to manage, also.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the input everyone.

I calculated the TW at 13% of the trailer GVWR which gives me approximately 1040#.

With the basic cargo in the truck (me, wife, dog, hitch, tonneau cover, mud flaps) I get to about 600#. This leaves me with about 200# of cargo weight in the truck (assuming I max out the GVWR in the trailer).

So my original thinking/guessing is that I would likely never max out the trailer GVWR thus lowering the TW weight giving me more wiggle room above the 200# remaining truck cargo weight.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I calculated the TW at 13% of the trailer GVWR which gives me approximately 1040#.

With the basic cargo in the truck (me, wife, dog, hitch, tonneau cover, mud flaps) I get to about 600#. This leaves me with about 200# of cargo weight in the truck (assuming I max out the GVWR in the trailer).

So my original thinking/guessing is that I would likely never max out the trailer GVWR thus lowering the TW weight giving me more wiggle room above the 200# remaining truck cargo weight.
    Is this 1800 truck payload from the sticker on your truck?
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, payload says 1795 on sticker.

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    For prelim calculations, assume 12.5% of the trailers GVWR will be on the tongue. Likely less, but then you know your truck will always be within capacity.

But, you asked about actual loads - at one time I was having big weight distribution issues so literally weighed every single thing that went into the trailer for a two week trip. Ended up being about 750 pounds. (not including liquids, propane, batteries, etc.) Food, clothing, dishes and other kitchen, camp chairs, fishing gear, gadgets, tools, etc. You will find that available space naturally limits "how much", unless you specifically load big/heavy items - generators, gold bars, and the like.
    I haven't weighed, but assume that for even this current 3 month trip, I am not over 900 lbs. But it is pretty jam packed inside right now.
    Water and waste can put you overweight pretty easily, but that is usually pretty straight forward to manage, also.
    I don't know about you, but I limit the number of gold bars I carry to 4!
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did not realize in my previous response that you are a newbie. That being the case,I will add to my previous advice
    Many peoplel find that they way they imagined their RV use is not how it turned out. A lot of new Rvs get bought and sold because of this. I would buy an older unit as your first one. That way if you decide what have is not what you need, the hit on the wallet won't be so bad
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast