User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    For prelim calculations, assume 12.5% of the trailers GVWR will be on the tongue. Likely less, but then you know your truck will always be within capacity.

But, you asked about actual loads - at one time I was having big weight distribution issues so literally weighed every single thing that went into the trailer for a two week trip. Ended up being about 750 pounds. (not including liquids, propane, batteries, etc.) Food, clothing, dishes and other kitchen, camp chairs, fishing gear, gadgets, tools, etc. You will find that available space naturally limits "how much", unless you specifically load big/heavy items - generators, gold bars, and the like.
    I haven't weighed, but assume that for even this current 3 month trip, I am not over 900 lbs. But it is pretty jam packed inside right now.
    Water and waste can put you overweight pretty easily, but that is usually pretty straight forward to manage, also.
    Thanks for those details Sandi. The 750# you mention gives the perspective I was wondering about. (Is it just two of you or a family? Bicycles?)
    So if I look at your numbers, (750 of stuff, 434 FW (if you max the FW), 40 propane, 40 battery) you are at about 8109 total trailer weight, giving you 1013 TW at 12.5%. If you add in 300 for people, 200 for pro pride then your payload of the truck is about 1513. If your payload capacity of the truck is 1800 (guessing) then you still have about 285 left for load in the truck, which is sort of close what I have remaining. If you are towing comfortably then that gives me more confidence…..unless my calculations are whacked!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RollingDownTheRoad View Post
    Thanks for those details Sandi. The 750# you mention gives the perspective I was wondering about. (Is it just two of you or a family? Bicycles?)
    So if I look at your numbers, (750 of stuff, 434 FW (if you max the FW), 40 propane, 40 battery) you are at about 8109 total trailer weight, giving you 1013 TW at 12.5%. If you add in 300 for people, 200 for pro pride then your payload of the truck is about 1513. If your payload capacity of the truck is 1800 (guessing) then you still have about 285 left for load in the truck, which is sort of close what I have remaining. If you are towing comfortably then that gives me more confidence…..unless my calculations are whacked!
    Although the ProPride does weigh ~200#, it does not add that to the original tt TW. Because the moment arm is extended out from the original, it only adds 50-70#. Reason I know is I did a Sherline b4 and after.
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    2022 F150 Platinum 1777# Payload
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12