User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok everyone. Have a weird issue that I can’t figure out… plumbing leak in shower!!

So I had to leave and while I was gone a horrible storm blew in and I had not, admittedly, fully protected my rig. I suspected I’d have some repairs to do- which I did on the nautilus. No more leaks on the undercarriage at all. Have to replace the kitchen faucet- but that’s not a biggie. The weird thing is every time I shower I am getting water between the shower pan and the bathroom cabinet. On the floor. I’ve ran water while watching it and it doesn’t happen- only when I’m in the shower which would lead me to assume it’s a crack in the pan somewhere and flexes with my weight enough to seep. The weird thing is there is no water going into the underside of the shower pan- where is the water going? Also, is it a whole insert place or just the pan? This will be a first for me! 2018 Momentum 354m

Edited to add: we removed our shower doors and track. Screws and caulk are all intact. This is new since the freeze …
    Last edited by kaesyandtombutler; 01-27-2023 at 08:30 AM.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could it be the lower door track needs to be sealed properly? I had a similar issue on my 399.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When using the shower, water is splashing in all directions. Your leak could be somewhere around the door, which is where I finally found a perplexing leak.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Could it be the lower door track needs to be sealed properly? I had a similar issue on my 399.
    So no, we took off our shower doors and tracks when we got it. They were gross.
    Upon inspection of the whole shower pan and caulking- it all seems intact?! It’s so confusing

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    When using the shower, water is splashing in all directions. Your leak could be somewhere around the door, which is where I finally found a perplexing leak.
    So we took off our shower doors and track. We use a shower rod now. We have had it this way for over 2 years and have never had water outside like this….it’s frustrating to try to track it down

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would check the shower wall enclosure to base transitions. In ours we had to caulk the seams a little to keep some water from working its way thru the transition between the two.

Just to note, our leak didnt produce alot of water when tested, but leakage became noticeable when flexed by a persons weight (and deflection) when taking a shower.
    Last edited by trailrydr; 01-27-2023 at 08:41 AM.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Would check the shower wall enclosure to base transitions. In ours we had to caulk the seams a little to keep some water from working its way thru the transition between the two.

Just to note, our leak didnt produce alot of water when tested, but leakage became noticeable when flexed by a persons weight (and deflection) when taking a shower.
    Be careful with this, some showers intentionally have a gap between the pan and walls. The pan actually goes up past the wall, and the gap acts as an air vent for behind the enclosure.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Be careful with this, some showers intentionally have a gap between the pan and walls. The pan actually goes up past the wall, and the gap acts as an air vent for behind the enclosure.
    Correct... was refering to the edges near the opening by the doors or roll up curtains.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you turning on both the hot and cold water when checking? Also, are you letting it run for what would be the time duration of a typical shower?

It can be difficult to see the water on the floor under the pan. If you have not done so make sure and use your hands to feel under the pan for any water. If no water under the pan for sure try, checking the connections on the hot and cold connections where the water is turned on.