User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    campusa

Living Room Slides stuck?

Hello all,

I went out to my rig to load up some stuff for my very first outing in my new 385 and I get the generator online, let it warm up and then turn on the AC units. After about two hours I head back out and extend the master bedroom slide and then attempt to bring out the main living room slides. The bottoms moved out about 4-5 inches each and the tops still look in and thats all she wrote. If I hit the slide out button I hear a pump run for about 10 seconds and then turn off, moving in or out has the same effect, i.e. no further movement. I broke out the owners manual and it doesn't seem to cover this situation. Any suggestions?

campusa
    Amplifying info, I let it cool down for 45 minutes thinking it was overheated or something. When I push down on the switch i.e. out you hear the pump kick on and run and after about 10 seconds it automatically kicks off. Now if I press in after running the pump the slides move out about 1 inch. If I press up on the switch again or first prior to energizing the pump for moment by placing the switch down i.e. to the out position nothing happens. So I can repeat this as I did this now a few times before I noticed any movement and now the slides are about half way out. So to summarize, press down on switch i.e. out position, pump runs, and will eventually cutout around 10 seconds. If I then press up on switch, i.e. slide in, the slide moves out about a inch. So now I think the brains or switch is messed up or what not. Hopefully someone smarter then me can read through these run on sentences and give me some guidance.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want an opinion, I think the slide flange is stuck to the top outer seal. The bottom is the only part that's driven...it moved out until the slide jammed then the hydraulic pump kicks out on high amps...it's an auto-resetting circuit breaker...resets in 3 - 4 seconds. I'm not sure about what you observe moving the switch up or down...I think it some type of solenoid and directional valve to control which end of the cylinder you're energizing.

If it's jammed, you may need some manual help to push on the bottom exterior of the slide while the retract is pushed. If that works you can try to extend the slide an inch at a time. If the top doesn't move you can give it some assistance outside...a little pressure on each upper corner of the slide flange to see if it can be separated from the seal. As only the bottom is driven, it moves first, then the top follows whether extending or retracting.

I've had the slide stick to the upper seal when retracting...stopped and pulled a bit on the upper flange and it released.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

campusa
    Dave, thanks. Im googling lipperts videos trying to find something, the slides are now half way out so I don't think anything is sticking, at least any more. Basically where I am at now is if I push in, nothing happens. If I push out the pump kicks on for a few seconds and then stops and no movement. If I quickly just press in after pressing out the slides will move another inch further out. I appreciate your suggestions, its frustrating for a new timer to sort through this.

campusa
    Im finding lots of schwintec slide out stuff and videos, which I believe the bedroom is, however I am not finding much on the hydraulic slide out system online, at least yet.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps a silly question but I ask as you're somewhere remote that you're running off the generator. Do you have the battery disconnect off? The hydraulic pump is 12V DC and if the disconnected, the generator isn't charging the battery.

Dave

campusa
    Update, hopefully someone in the future may find this useful. Recap, pump has pwr, can hear it turn on slides do not come out and slides do not follow switch commands. After giving up, and not finding any videos, I went out the rv and took the six screws out of the black panel that holds the switch. immediately upon pulling the panel back I discover a rats nest of wires and near the switch I see a spade connector all by its lonesome, and I find myself thinking thats strange. I notice there is a spot on the switch where this wire could be connected and taking a leap of faith, I connected the wire and viola the switch and slides now work as they were intended to. So long story short, the wire came loose, how I don't know, it is a spade type connector, "at least I think, thats what it is called" and once reconnected to the switch it works like a champ. I should remember not to get ahead of myself and assume some cosmic trouble and stick to the basics, "switch, breaker, bus, component and I would have been better served.

campusa
    Dave,

thanks for mottling through this with me, I appreciate your suggestions, I am just glad I figured it out.

Josh
    Last edited by campusa; 07-28-2015 at 09:08 PM. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good that it's working for you now...makes sense from what you found. The problem always seems simpler once you've found the answer!

Dave

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just imagine taking it to a dealer only having it sit in the lot for 6 weeks only to find out it's a loose wire!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast