Quote Originally Posted by TimberGRV View Post
Hi all,

I'm in the process of putting together a 24v LiFePO4 system with solar and Victron components. I'm selecting a converter to power the 12v appliances and my biggest concern is the leveling system. From what I've read in other threads, the levelers seem to draw 50-60 amps on average with peaks above 70 amps.

Based on this, I think I'm going to go with an Orion 24/12-70: https://www.amazon.com/Victron-Orion.../dp/B01BF5BQLA

According to its specs, it can handle 70 amps of continuous draw and peaks of up to 85 amps. I think this should be sufficient, considering what others have said about their system's amp draw, and also considering the levelers have an 80 amp breaker feeding them.

Does anybody see any issue with this setup? I'll be running a dedicated 2 AWG line from my new batteries to serve the levelers and other DC components in the front compartment.

Thanks in advance for everyone's thoughts.

-Tim
You are in a similar predicament as I am, except I'm needing a MUCH larger draw (cummins commercial diesel generator). I'll probably end up going with a dual voltage set up leaving a single 12v battery to run that side of things with a DC-DC 24/12v Converter to keep the 12v charged. I just don't know if I want to parallel a bunch of the Victrons and push that limit there.

For your setup, my only concern would be if the batteries were low, it would increase amp draw and potentially max out the Orion. Hence a reason I'm thinking of keeping a 12v battery in the system. Still debating...