User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

delivery upcoming... furrion question

just purchased a 320g-r - pickup in about a week.

the 320g-r comes with pre-wire for the furrion cameras. I'm definitely interested in getting this done asap... but, where do i get the cameras / video screen themselves to plug into the pre-wired system? is this something you can get on the furrion website?

(appreciate it the help. my first camper)

Jerry
    -----
    Brooksville, FL

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anonalyptical View Post
    just purchased a 320g-r - pickup in about a week.

the 320g-r comes with pre-wire for the furrion cameras. I'm definitely interested in getting this done asap... but, where do i get the cameras / video screen themselves to plug into the pre-wired system? is this something you can get on the furrion website?

(appreciate it the help. my first camper)

Jerry
    -----
    Brooksville, FL
    First off Jerry, it looks like this is your first post, welcome to the forum. There have been quite a few threads on the forum concerning Furrion cameras (https://www.google.com/search?q=mygr...hrome&ie=UTF-8). You may already be aware that there are other cameras that can use the same wiring. If it were me I'd take some time to research all your options. The Lippert camera that came with my coach (Lippert and Furrion are owned by the same company) did not operate well for me. I ended up installing a different camera (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B078PDH6Z8) which has worked very well.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with @Soundsailor that there are better options out there. I went with the Haloview system and run with a repeater right behind the front cap for the rear camera, and no repeater on the side cameras. Rolling down the road, I usually have just the rear camera displayed until I get to a city with a bunch of traffic. Then I put all three images on screen at once.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Furrion rear camera with 7” monitor mounted on the rear view mirror of my truck. Happy with it for its intended purpose of monitoring things behind during travel and backing into various places, including the landing pad at home as there is not much room for uh-ohs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the Furrion on my last camper but am going to go with the Haloview BT on this newest camper. I was never happy with the quality of the image on the Furrion.The dealer will be more than willing to sell you those items and may have other brands available also. They will possibly install for free if you purchase from them before delivery.
    2021 Reflection 340RDS
    2022 Ram 3500 Big Horn/CCSB//4X4/SRW/HEMI/4:10
    2019 Imagine 2250RK~Sold

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone. I really wasn’t talking about furrion or not. I was trying to figure out how to purchase furrion for the prewired furrion bases on my new camper. All good. Figured it out.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the group. I started with a cheap Chinese no name 4" screen bought and installed by the dealer. I would often loose connection when driving. It quit after 2 season. We now have the Haloview 7". Absolutely love it. No more lost connection and it's super clear.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazon or any trailer site carries them, even walmart online has them.

Something worth noting as I have had 4 different camera is furrion didn't sell just the camera and you need to replace them every few years due to water or fogging. That means you can spend $500 every year or 2 on a new system rather than $100 on a new camera with the other guys. They all need to be replaced every few years so far at best. Good luck!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anonalyptical View Post
    Thanks everyone. I really wasn’t talking about furrion or not. I was trying to figure out how to purchase furrion for the prewired furrion bases on my new camper. All good. Figured it out.
    You can get the Furrion cameras at Amazon, at I am sure a much cheaper price than at the dealer. I have the Furrion rear camera with the large monitor that I got from Amazon and it works fine. I installed it myself in about 10minutes. I don't have the side cameras and I have a really tough problem backing into my driveway from the blind side. I am wondering if side cameras would help.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    would the Solitude 310 use the Furrion mount on my new trailer? ( build date 4/26/23 ) I have the GM system in my truck and have to use a different camera to mate to the truck...