User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One control Icons...but with a twist!

Okay, it's more of a diagnostic detail, but it got ya to read this!

2018 351m Momentum
    My One Control icons all disappeared at once, except for the myRV icon.

My app appears to connect to the rv, but can't read any of the sensors. They're all shown as "offline."
    I tried completely disconnecting from power (battery disconnect and 50amp) for about 10mins to see if a reboot would help. Nope.
    We went through the Tn freeze last month and were out of the RV most of the time since while plumbing issues were being addressed.
    I've done enough research to know that the CAN bus system often suffers from wiring connection problems, but I thought maybe the cold, period of lack of use and the loss of all but one Icons at once might offer some extra diagnostic direction.

Also, where are these CAN buses so that I may check the connections?
    Should I relocate this to a more Momentum specific area?

Thanks, everyone!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robNeedles View Post

2018 351m Momentum

My app appears to connect to the rv, but can't read any of the sensors. They're all shown as "offline."
    I tried completely disconnecting from power (battery disconnect and 50amp) for about 10mins to see if a reboot would help. Nope.
    We went through the Tn freeze last month and were out of the RV most of the time since while plumbing issues were being addressed.
    I've done enough research to know that the CAN bus system often suffers from wiring connection problems, but I thought maybe the cold, period of lack of use and the loss of all but one Icons at once might offer some extra diagnostic direction.

Thanks, everyone!
    You're probably OK with the location of this post since it is related to OneControl. How does your app connect to the coach? If it uses Bluetooth, you may need to reestablish a connection.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2018 351m Momentum

Thanks, everyone!
    I went through this yesterday....pretty similar at least. I bought a new phone a month or so ago, and of course backed up my old phone and then transferred everything to the new one. The One Control app that was on the old phone was a circa 2019 version....2.6.2 or so. The app updated during the transfer and I now had the 5.2.2 or ?? I ended up having to manually enter the SSID and Password from the sticker on the inside of the cabinet door that I used when I first bought the trailer and setup the app for the phone. After doing that, it showed that I was connected to the MyRV wifi, BUT, everything was showing to be "offline".....lights, generator, leveling, awning, tank levels.....everything. So I went into the app settings and selected the option to "Resync Devices". That took care of it for me and now the same old wifi that came with the trailer is operating on the latest version of the One Control app.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are talking about the icons on the RV LCD screen, or the app on your phone? If you tried resetting everything (turn off converter and use disconnect switch to turn off 12v) and it still doesn't work, it's most likely a loose wire. There are multiple CAN-BUS wires, check all of them starting with the one behind the LCD screen and on the main control unit (probably located behind false wall in basement), after that look at all the sub-modules and check the wires. If I recall the CAN-BUS wires are black and red with a clear/white connector on the end. Don't forget there are some modules in the generator bay in the overhead.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Are talking about the icons on the RV LCD screen, or the app on your phone? If you tried resetting everything (turn off converter and use disconnect switch to turn off 12v) and it still doesn't work, it's most likely a loose wire. There are multiple CAN-BUS wires, check all of them starting with the one behind the LCD screen and on the main control unit (probably located behind false wall in basement), after that look at all the sub-modules and check the wires. If I recall the CAN-BUS wires are black and red with a clear/white connector on the end. Don't forget there are some modules in the generator bay in the overhead.
    I believe he said the app on the phone was what was giving him issues.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Google Pixel 6 worked great for months then quite and nothing I tried to re-connect would work. My wife's Google Pixel 6 no issues, the techs iPhone at the dealer no issues

I didn't get the QRC code or UserID/Pswd at PDI, always used the BT connection...

The dealer gave me a QRC code this last time which my phone won't read, also gave me a UserID/Pswd which also doesn't work, kept saying userid/pswd is wrong

I ended up connecting successfully again with BT after about 15 times of rebooting phone, force close app... what finally worked for me was after another failed attempt, I just turned off BT, turned it back on and bingo, connected right away and it's been working since

Good luck
    2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2022 Imagine 2500RL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5092.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	44723

​So, here's what I have behind the panel in the basement.
    I checked the electric connections to each for power with a multimeter. Everything read 12.something except the one in the orange circle, which showed 0.8something. I'm guessing that's a problem.
    BTW, does anyone know the voltage for the CAN connections? I think I remember reading 3.something, I'm not sure.

So, if the orange circle IS a big problem, does that mean I have to trace it back from there? That's essentially what the lippert guy told me. It's an incredible mess....could I jump it from somewhere else?

Thanks!​

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which wire in the orange circle? One looks like +12v, -12v and the top one I don't know, what does the label say next to the 3rd wire?
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5092.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	44723

​So, here's what I have behind the panel in the basement.
    I checked the electric connections to each for power with a multimeter. Everything read 12.something except the one in the orange circle, which showed 0.8something. I'm guessing that's a problem.
    BTW, does anyone know the voltage for the CAN connections? I think I remember reading 3.something, I'm not sure.

So, if the orange circle IS a big problem, does that mean I have to trace it back from there? That's essentially what the lippert guy told me. It's an incredible mess....could I jump it from somewhere else?

Thanks!​
    As you are looking at the right side of that device, the Multi Output lighting module, the bottom two are your 12VDC power into the module. Then, on that same side, are the inputs to the module. If I'm seeing the right side correctly, there is only ONE input to the module....and that is a Physical switch located somewhere in the trailer. My guess, is that is the input from a switch that turns on the ceiling lights in the trailer. So, if there is not 12V on THAT input, all it means is that the switch for the lights are presently turned off. Do a quick test.....go inside the trailer and turn the overhead lights on via the switch, then come back and take a voltage reading on that wire.....it should now read 12VDC when you put your meter pos lead on that wire, then the other lead of your meter on the negative terminal down below.....where the power comes into the module

On the opposite side of that module is all of your 12V lighting outputs. So when you turn the switch for the overhead lights on, check the terminal on the opposite side of the module (Output #1 ) and there should be 12VDC there also. Every other output from that module, since there is no physical switch, can only be operated through the One Control panel or the phone app.

Mine was the exact same way and I ended up adding about 6 physical switches to the input side of the module because I wanted to be able to turn certain lights on/off without going through the One Control panel or the phone app.

Having said ALL of that, your app not showing the icons are not related to the module that you pictured above. That modules is strictly for the lighting in the trailer....the various lights....overhead, porch, flood, cap lights, etc.

DID YOU ever do what I posted above....doing the "Resync"? and trying to get the Icons back that way!

Here is a picture of mine......after I added all the switchs as inputs to the module...
    Last edited by xrated; 01-31-2023 at 03:40 PM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually