User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Young View Post
    We are fell time stationary while we work on our property. Full hook up.

So my understanding of the furnace systems here is that I have 2 AC units and a heat pump in the middle and propane. Turned on the heat to electric hoping to save propane because we went thru a 30# tank in 2.5 days. That's another story...... Heat pump ran 24/7 for 3 days and we turned it off and bought ceramic heaters that draw less power than the heat pump. What is the purpose of having a heat pump if it only" takes warm air from the outside and brings it inside" I don't need heat when it's warm outside or am I missing something?

Water heater has a gas / electric setting. While on gas the hot water is great, when I put it on electric I have no hot water at all. Am I missing something?

Thank all of you ahead of time for your valuable input.

Glenn
    2022 Solitude 372WB
    Full time stationary
    If you are going to be stationary for an extended period, you might want to consider installing skirting on your camper. Skirting will stop the wind from blowing underneath your coach and taking away a lot of the heat you have put into the camper. Skirting can save you a lot of money on your heating bills and help to minimize the freezing risk to your pipes.

Here is a Video of Ray, from "Love Your RV", installing skirting on his camper to get through a Canadian Winter during the Covid lock down (normally he travels to the Desert South West for the Winter).
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Young View Post
    All breakers are on and functional. schematic shows a switch but it must be inside or behind the unit...
    Our previous trailer had a switch that allowed either the fireplace or the electric water heater to work, not both. It was a 30A unit though, haven't used electric water heater on our newer 50A unit so not sure if it has a similar switch. It was a lighted rocker switch on the main panel on the old trailer.

As ksbowman said, it is possible to have burnt out the heating element in the tank if the electric heater was on even for a minute before the tank was full of water. The propane side will still be functional though.
    When first filling the tank either from city water of the onboard tank you can get an airlock that could cause a burnt element. Make sure to have a hot water tap open when first hooking up with an empty HWT.
    Dan and Deb
    2017 Reflection 26RL
    2003 Ram 2500 2wd 6sp
    co pilot Brandy our Aussie

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as the water heater is concerned, make sure power cord is plugged in.
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we bought our 17 MKE brand new right off the factory line. The inspector we hired found that the ducting for the heating had not been hooked up. All the heat was going under the cabinets and not into the trailer living area. It was fixed immediately before we signed for the trailer. My hubby only then agreed that it had been a good idea to hire an inspector. She found 4 different things that had to be fixed.
    Karri Hayford BSN, RN
    Tom Hayford, Cdr, USN Retired
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 17 MKE
    2019 Ram Laramie Longhorn 5.8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12