User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Electrical Outlet not working

I own a Solitude 384GK. If you are familiar with the 384 are a trailer like it, you know that there is a sleeper sofa in the tail end under the large window. There are electrical outlets under both armrest. One of the outlets has power but the other does not. I have checked the breakers and GFCI and all seems to be good. Do any of you know what could be the issue? Thank you in advance.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it were me, after cycling the receptacle breakers and setting/reseting the gfci's. I'd pull the dead receptacle out and check it. (I would do that with the power off....)
    If it looks fine still, I would power up the trailer then check the wires with a meter to see if the problem is at that plug, or maybe no power sent to it from an upstream plug. Then, if no power on wires, look at the wire routing, make a best guess as to where the upstream plug is.
    Disclaimer....If you are not familiar/confident with working on 120vac ccts, find someone who is.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You also might shutoff the breaker to the couch electric and then remove the outlet in question and check too see if it has the pressed in electrical wired 120v receptacle.

The wires get pressed into the connectors and then sandwiched between the face plate and backing (similar to a wire splice connector). I could see how a possible missed connected wire from one of these type of receptacles could also be the issue for no power.

And just like Scott and Wendy posted, if your not comfortable with doing this, would have a RV tech or RV service center find the issue and correct it.
    Last edited by trailrydr; 01-28-2023 at 07:14 AM.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)