Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hitches

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hitches

Looking at possibly getting a Propride for the TT. How is it compared to the better hitches on the market. Does it really live up to the hype?

I ask because it is stated it does eliminate the sway.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    Looking at possibly getting a Propride for the TT. How is it compared to the better hitches on the market. Does it really live up to the hype?

I ask because it is stated it does eliminate the sway.
    Proper loading eliminates sway
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Proper loading eliminates sway
    Thanks for not answering the question. I have a scale and I have properly loaded the RV. I still get sway.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been totally impressed with our Weigh Safe as have many on our 29G/31G Facebook group. Very cool technology and a super solid hitch.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use a Hensley Arrow and have never experienced any sway. The Hensley is basically the same design as the Propride. Both were designed by Jim Hensley (a genius). Franklby you can't go wrong with either hitch. Jim Hensley designed the Arrow and for some reason left his namesake company and started Propride.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for not answering the question. I have a scale and I have properly loaded the RV. I still get sway.
    Rear kitchen trailers are notorious for poor handling because of the weight behind the axles. Imo they shouldn’t even be produced. I have noticed a high percentage of the accidents posted on the web are rear kitchen units. It is extremely difficult to load it properly
    My trailer is the exact same size as yours and I experience zero sway behind my truck but I load nothing behind the axles
    If it were me with your trailer I would load the front with weight Front pass through and under bed with bottled water ,tools and more. I would attempt to get a TW above 1100 lbs
    You need to overcome the physics and imo a pro pride hitch is a bandaid
    Good luck
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Rear kitchen trailers are notorious for poor handling because of the weight behind the axles. Imo they shouldn’t even be produced. I have noticed a high percentage of the accidents posted on the web are rear kitchen units. It is extremely difficult to load it properly
    My trailer is the exact same size as yours and I experience zero sway behind my truck but I load nothing behind the axles
    If it were me with your trailer I would load the front with weight Front pass through and under bed with bottled water ,tools and more. I would attempt to get a TW above 1100 lbs
    You need to overcome the physics and imo a pro pride hitch is a bandaid
    Good luck
    Good news, I already do that. I get the proper weight at the hitch. The sway I am talking about is with a gust of wind or a truck passing. From what I gather the Propride changes the geometry and it acts more like a fifth wheel. I mean why would they say "eliminates sway" if it wasn't a thing?
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    We use a Hensley Arrow and have never experienced any sway. The Hensley is basically the same design as the Propride. Both were designed by Jim Hensley (a genius). Franklby you can't go wrong with either hitch. Jim Hensley designed the Arrow and for some reason left his namesake company and started Propride.
    Thanks for the answer. It is hard when you watch Youtube videos if the people are telling the truth or just wanting more free stuff. I am trying to get it to where my Wife can drive while towing. Even now she white knuckles the dash when she sees a truck coming. I try to tell her it is not as bad as it seems but it is still the feeling she hates.
    Upstate NY
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news, I already do that. I get the proper weight at the hitch. The sway I am talking about is with a gust of wind or a truck passing. From what I gather the Propride changes the geometry and it acts more like a fifth wheel. I mean why would they say "eliminates sway" if it wasn't a thing?
    Okay well that isn’t sway. Suck push is a different animal
    Sway is when the rear of the trailer is travelling at a faster speed than the front
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it caused by a wind gust, or a passing semi? If so, then that is not sway.
    I have experienced sway once. It made me a religous man real quick.
    True sway doesn't need any help from the above to occur. It just happens, and the next thing you know the trailer is steering the truck..
    In my case, about 35 years ago before info on the net was a thing.. I mounted a generator on the rear of my first TT. I took it out on the interstate. At about 45 MPH it hit. Fortunantly There was no other traffic around, as I needed all 3 lanes to get it back under control. Once I got it slowed down with the trailer brakes, I stopped and put a 5 gallon container of water in the nose of the TT. That settled it down I always loaded that TT nose heavy from then on. In fact, from that day forward I loaded all of them nose heavy. And I recommend everyone else do the same. I was lucky.....once.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast