User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much water is too much….should I still buy?

Hi all,

My wife and have been looking at a used 2021 2610ML (pretty close to the 2600) from a dealer. We went to take another look at it and did a deeper review. After pulling drawers out and looking closer we found evidence of water (and some mouse droppings). It doesn’t look to be too much water but none the less, it’s some.

The first two pic are from under the seats of the dinette near an exterior wall. This is not a slide out. I suppose the water could have come in through an open window at some point.

The next two pics are from the other side of the trailer. This is a slide out.

The last pic (I’ve changed the contrast to make the marks more visible as the pic doesn’t show it well) are from around some kind of vent. These marks circle the vent about 6 inches al the way around the vent. I’m not certain if these are water marks or not, but the sure do look like it.

So, is some water infiltration norm? Should I be a little concerned about this or majorly concerned.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28FBE512-5065-4B45-97B8-EE3DA25090BD.jpeg 
Views:	43 
Size:	605.9 KB 
ID:	44640Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1240C6BA-5F94-41E6-96A4-75AC1ECDD283.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	44641

Name:	82FBA79F-A7D7-4592-9C3E-D5114A6C4BCC.jpeg 
Views:	46 
Size:	719.6 KB 
ID:	44642Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A6137046-4D38-4E30-A885-21DE43DC3043.jpeg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	44643

Name:	6FDCB1F9-A7F1-4A0B-8A9E-CFAF82A9D982.jpeg 
Views:	45 
Size:	905.5 KB 
ID:	44644

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Run, do not walk, do not pass go, just run away from that one. Once there is water damage I would not touch it with a 10 foot pole. You rally don’t know how deep the damage may be nor how much mold may be growing inside the walls.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are they giving you a great deal on it?

It's certainly a crap shoot:

-Evidence of mice droppings, how do you know they aren't in the underbelly? (Will dealer drop the underbelly to inspect?)

-Evidence of water accumulating on the ceiling isn't a good sign, there is obviously a leak somewhere, who knows if and when it was addressed.

-All the other water spots, I would say no, it is not normal.

The only normal water laying around would be from condensate due to improper venting during cold weather camping.

If it was a REALLY great deal I'd consider, if not, look around. Broaden your search and be willing to drive for pickup, deals can be had for even new units.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd have to agree to give it a big pass. Tracking down leaks is a thankless task, and those will have to be found and fixed. And as was said, who knows what lurks where you can't see them.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also agreeing that the unit is best past over. Too many unknowns and what-ifs that could end up making something you want to get away in to relax an expensive chore. If it were highly localized, that is one thing, but the unit presents with a larger problem and the very dark staining indicates the issue lingered.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm all in for taking on projects but too many unknowns on that one. I wouldn't gamble on it personally.
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
    2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive gooseneck conversion hitch
    630aH LiFePO4 Lion Energy battery bank, Victron Multi-Plus II Inverter, Victron MPPT, 563w solar array, CerboGX, 40a DC-DC charger

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's too bad. Unless someone is very diligent about their caulking, nearly every RV will have some sign of water leaks at some point in its life. But based on the pics for that 2021 tells us that someone had the unit and likely never checked the roof or windows or anything. It's possible you could seal it up and dry it out and it would be fine, but personally I'd say it doesn't make sense to buy a 2 or 3 year old unit in that condition unless you got such a great bargain you couldn't pass it up.

The first thing every owner should do when they buy a new RV (and I mean brand new) is get up on the roof and start checking everything over. My 2022 MLE had wet spot at the ceiling within the first two weeks of bringing it home after a rain. I went up on the roof, could see cracks in the thin layer of caulk along the gutter and on the rear trim. Used adhesive caulk to seal up all the way around and no issues after that. The self leveling crud they use is notorious for terrible adhesion also, so just stay diligent on maintenance from day 1.

Good luck!
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 leak, possibly with a good deal and dealer guarantee proof of fix would I consider... and then verify and seal leak myself because dealers suck. Slide leaks aren't as huge a concern and aren't catastrophic so 2nd leak in slide... that's a tough spot near the stove to troubleshoot, and I would caution unless an absolute steal where if I had to replace slide, I'd still come out ahead. Now with the 3rd leak in the ceiling means there's something very wrong with the roof, and now I would walk away completely.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote here to pass on this unit. There will be plenty down the road, so don't get attached or fall in love. Pass.

BIll
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really appreciate everyone weighing in. My wife and I were pretty much of the same thinking. It’s too bad. We really like the layout and unfortunately it looks like the production run was somewhat limited.

Grasping at straws here….could those water mark have been caused by condensation pooling?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast