Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh Boy!!!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Paul,

All good advice. Dogs are well mannered but won't be left alone. Water leak detectors are a great idea. We will be busy setting up this spring. Wife and I (now retired) are excited.

Best

Bob

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a start. Reading a lot and working out the lists. Part of the fun is getting ready.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Steven

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a list in the reference section here that was assembled by posts like these
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...s-packing-list
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of good recommendations already given. I do like the flexiable water hoses you can buy at Walmart or Home Depot as long as they are safe for drinking water. These are much easier to store and they roll up much easier and take less room; especially in cold weather. I carry several, one is 25' for water to camper & 2 are 50' - they take up very little storage space. Besure to use water filter that you find in RV supplies; they prevent sediments getting into your camper - once one filled with mud due to muddy water at campground. I use plastic bins to organize all my stuff; find some so that you can maximize your storage' like stacking one on top of another and small gap at top - no wasted space.
    As your camper gets older you will want to start carrying spare parts.
    Be religious about doing preventive maintinance and pre-trip checks. Air pressure and lug torque checks before any trip. Grease hitch ball.
    Always repack wheel bearing once a year; don't use those EZ-Lubes grease zerks as they often do more damage than good - seen it happen to others too often. Last trip guy had to replace complete axle assembly because all he used was those EZ-Lube grease zerks and never repacked his wheel bearings nor checked his brakes at same time. Often those EZ-Lube zerks push grease pass rear grease seal on hub into brakes' people have had to replace brakes and hub.
    Crawl under camper and inspect axles, springs, shackles, etc before each trip - takes 5 minutes and saves lots of headaches.
    Maintenance, maintenance, manitenance is a way to avoid many problems and you difinately don't want problems going down road - both camper and tow vehicle.
    When you stop for gas walk around vehicle to check for any problems; look at tires, connections to tow vehicle, any thing that may not be as they should be. Feel of tire rims where axle is, if one is very hot you may have bearing going bad, are already gone bad.
    If it has China bomb tires consider replacing with tires made in good old USA - Goodyear Endurrance, etc; the only blowout I ever had was with China bomb camper tire and on busy interstate; sure I've had flats over the years but not a blowout. And when tire blows it often does lots of damage to camper.
    Consider warning signs like truckers use when they have to pull off side of road when they have a problem.
    Last edited by Buckskin; 01-30-2023 at 06:04 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Harbor Freight Bottle Jack is a must-have IMO. Compact and super handy. I used mine a ton when my 2600RB was new and I was going through growing pains with my brakes last year.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, get the shortest 10-ton bottle jack you can. Those jack points can get pretty close to the ground when the tire is flat, and a shorter jack is best. Granted 10-tons sounds like overkill, but you'll realize it isn't the first time you use it.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While you're at Harbor Freight, buy yourself a 20v shop blower. Like a mini leaf blower. Out here in the American West where it's dusty, that thing is a life-saver for keeping your site tidy and your trailer clean.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazon sells a double ram bottle jack that will lift twice as high as single ram.

After tire blowout discovered single ram bottle jack wouldn't lift camper high enough to change tire.

https://www.amazon.com/BIG-RED-Doubl...01&sr=8-3&th=1
    Last edited by Buckskin; 01-30-2023 at 01:42 PM.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgebackbob View Post
    We just purchased an Imagine 2600RB. We will pick it up next week. We are new campers (although we rented a few times to check it out) and are looking for some information on the following.

4) Camping with dogs.

Thanks So Much,

4) campingwith dogs can be lots of fun. Bring health records with you and dog first aid.
    . Bring their beds, blanket ,toys and bowls they are used to in the house. This will help them feel "at home". Once they're comfortable and you want to start leaving them (if you're plugged in and have the air on) you can start by driving off and parking away from your spot. Walk back and approach your spot quietly so they don't hear you and listen to be sure they are quiet. Then you can start leaving them occasionally if you want to do non dog things.

Ours are at home because we are in the trailer more than the house any more.

If they are barkers(I use they because we have more than one) start training to not bark. At times it's not an easy task.
    Be sure to take them on outings and hikes..a tired dog is a happy dog!
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 01-30-2023 at 01:41 PM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast