Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh Boy!!!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Boy!!!

We just purchased an Imagine 2600RB. We will pick it up next week. We are new campers (although we rented a few times to check it out) and are looking for some information on the following.

1) Recommended things to take with you in the camper. I suspect there are many things that are helpful that aren’t readily apparent. Is there a list perhaps?
    2) Safety training/education on the camper use (furnace, setup, etc.) and driving. While I have towed many trailers, I haven’t done much with campers (just the few rentals). I would rather learn what not to do from classes rather than personal experience.
    3) Best RV aps for use underway; especially GPS routing for RVs and locating camping locations.
    4) Camping with dogs.
    5) Camping etiquette.

I know this is quite a list. Just one suggestion, or many, are equally appreciated. Other thoughts are also welcome.

Thanks So Much,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum.

Best advice I can give is get an RV specific GPS. I use the Garmin 890.

For all the other questions... YouTube there is a lot of good info and you can figure out what works for you. And be ready to spend a lot of money on Amazon. Lol
    2021 Reflection 340RDS
    2022 Ram 3500 Big Horn/CCSB//4X4/SRW/HEMI/4:10
    2019 Imagine 2250RK~Sold

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Amazon and I are already well aquatinted. Thanks for the GPS rec.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgebackbob View Post
    We just purchased an Imagine 2600RB. We will pick it up next week. We are new campers (although we rented a few times to check it out) and are looking for some information on the following.

1) Recommended things to take with you in the camper. I suspect there are many things that are helpful that aren’t readily apparent. Is there a list perhaps?
    2) Safety training/education on the camper use (furnace, setup, etc.) and driving. While I have towed many trailers, I haven’t done much with campers (just the few rentals). I would rather learn what not to do from classes rather than personal experience.
    3) Best RV aps for use underway; especially GPS routing for RVs and locating camping locations.
    4) Camping with dogs.
    5) Camping etiquette.

I know this is quite a list. Just one suggestion, or many, are equally appreciated. Other thoughts are also welcome.

Thanks So Much,

Hi Bob,

Here is what I recommend to start out.

1. Good Sewer Slinky. I recommend the Camco Rhino Flex.
    2. Camco Sidewinder Sewer Hose Support
    3. Camco Good Water Hose and separate black water flush (I keep 100 feet of water and 25 feet for black tank flush)
    4. 90 degree elbow for water hose entry to the tank/rv
    5. Renator RV Water pressure regulator
    6. Good comprehensive first aid kit
    7. Basic tool kit
    a. Socket/Wrench set
    b. Several adjustable wrenches
    c. Good set of screwdrivers
    d. Allen wrenches
    e. Good Digital Multimeter
    f. Basic plumbing fittings for emergency (Shark Bite style) with some length of Pex hose
    8. Good Wheel Chocks
    9. Rope/Bungie cords
    10. Baic Electrical connectors: and wire Crimp, solder/heat shrink, wago style etc
    11. Wire crimper/stripper
    12. Good Scissors
    13. Assortment of fuses
    14. Good leather gloves and disposable nitrile gloves
    15. HAMMER, never ever forget the hammer!
    16. Good two-way radios for no cell service
    17. If you are able to carry, a spare 20 pound Propane tank

This is a good starter list. Remember, it is all about safety and being able to determine the best set of items to make permanent fixtures in your rig. Also remember, for first aid stuff, it is important to make sure the medicine included, asprin, etc it looked at and replaced at regular intervals to ensure expiration dates are not exceeded.

I am sure others will chime in. Take it all in and put a starter list together and as you go out more, what is important will be come very obvious.

Good Luck!
    Bill
    Last edited by Redapple63; 01-29-2023 at 03:14 PM.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgebackbob View Post

4) Camping with dogs.
    5) Camping etiquette.

Thanks So Much,
    For RV apps I would recommend RV Trip Wizard.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Hi Bob,

Here is what I recommend to start out.

1. Good Sewer Slinky. I recommend the Camco Rhino Flex.
    2. Camco Sidewinder Sewer Hose Support
    3. Camco Good Water Hose and separate black water flush (I keep 100 feet of water and 25 feet for black tank flush)
    4. 90 degree elbow for water hose entry to the tank/rv
    5. Renator RV Water pressure regulator
    6. Good comprehensive first aid kit
    7. Basic tool kit
    a. Socket/Wrench set
    b. Several adjustable wrenches
    c. Good set of screwdrivers
    d. Allen wrenches
    e. Good Digital Multimeter
    f. Basic plumbing fittings for emergency (Shark Bite style) with some length of Pex hose
    8. Good Wheel Chocks
    9. Rope/Bungie cords
    10. Baic Electrical connectors: and wire Crimp, solder/heat shrink, wago style etc
    11. Wire crimper/stripper
    12. Good Scissors
    13. Assortment of fuses
    14. Good leather gloves and disposable nitrile gloves
    15. HAMMER, never ever forget the hammer!
    16. Good two-way radios for no cell service
    17. If you are able to carry, a spare 20 pound Propane tank

This is a good starter list. Remember, it is all about safety and being able to determine the best set of items to make permanent fixtures in your rig. Also remember, for first aid stuff, it is important to make sure the medicine included, asprin, etc it looked at and replaced at regular intervals to ensure expiration dates are not exceeded.

I am sure others will chime in. Take it all in and put a starter list together and as you go out more, what is important will be come very obvious.

Good Luck!
    Bill
    Is that it?!?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Is that it?!?
    Lol, as a starter list. Not including the normal stuff like blankets sheets dishes etc.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the first things I'd recommend is to research an EMS, Progressive Industries and Surge Guard seem to be the popular ones, but it's cheap insurance for unknown electrical issues at campgrounds.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your camping with FHU in winter pack a electric heater, We have a small 1500w. Install water leak detectors by/under the HWH, pump, sink drains etc. Roll of Eterna bond, tube sealant appropriate for your coach, double sided tape, screws, nails glue. A good headlamp for rootin' around in the basement & behind the wall.
    The very first thing I bought was a Progressive EMS.
    Dog first aid kit, if you leave your dog in the trailer when gone, a good temp monitor for your phone, dog combs, tweezers for ticks/fox tails.
    If he's a barker, take him/her with you-not much worse than a barking, howling, dog in a campground. Keep them leashed, chained-don't want them chasing kids on bikes or skateboards. And lots of doggie dookie bags.
    Bring a good attitude, things will break or go wrong, happens to all of us (at least me). There is always a mobile RV tech a phone call away. Sometimes.
    Take some soccer cones to an empty parking lot set them up & practice backing into them (left, right & loong backing) with DW guiding.
    People will watch you backing into your site & setting up-or worse want to help-ignore 'em. Who knows how long they've been sitting in their camps bored, drinking beer.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Bill. Great list. A number of things on the list I hadn't thought about.

Best,

Bob

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast