Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Oh Boy!!!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spark 1501 View Post
    We have enjoyed our 2600RB since 2018. Even lived in it for two months with our 105lb Rottweiler while we finished building our home. It is a great floor plan.
    Had to look up FHU (Full Hook UP), so still learning, lol.
    I use a cordless drill (Not an impact) with the appropriate socket for the stabilizers, and bought the plastic leveling blocks. (More than often necessary, but you'd be surprised when you run out). Also, an extension cord for the power and extra hose for the sewer. We use (2) 6' folding plastic tables, they fold in half as well as the legs storing inside.

Enjoy!
    Thanks (I didn't know what FHU is). All good suggestions!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgebackbob View Post
    Hi Matt-Irene (and Ruby). Thanks for the input. As an aside, we are getting the pro pride 3 as well. From all that I read, it's well worth the price. I will install myself since the dealer won't do it. I can however do it at the lot. I am good with mechanical issues and have a lot of tools so I think it will be good. Best, Bob and Susie
    Give yourself about 2-3 hours to assemble and adjust the ProPride. It's a bit more complicated than your average hitch. Also, buy extra washers to put on the tilt pin. I put as many washers on the pin as I could get on it. This was per Sean at ProPride. For my half ton, this was the ticket.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgebackbob View Post
    Hi Matt-Irene (and Ruby). Thanks for the input. As an aside, we are getting the pro pride 3 as well. From all that I read, it's well worth the price. I will install myself since the dealer won't do it. I can however do it at the lot. I am good with mechanical issues and have a lot of tools so I think it will be good. Best, Bob and Susie
    How much available payload do have with your truck?
    With that hitch and that size trailer you will be north of 1000 lbs easily
    Do you have that much?
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second what kdpancake1 says about adding to/changing the list. With that in mind I'm starting a "my favorite things" tool box. A first aid, fix-it-fast and junk drawer kit. My personal go-to items. A screwdriver, lip balm, scissors, post-it's and whatever in one container. I'll start with basics (e.g. band-aids and superglue), adding things I find useful. If something sits in the box, unused for months, it goes. Eventually, the box will be personalized for me. A unique "list" of necessities, if that makes any sense.

I have a big plastic toolbox, with plenty of compartments, because I think it'll be more convenient than a storage bin.
    But the type of container would also be a personal preference.

Just an idea.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Violet_XXI View Post
    I second what kdpancake1 says about adding to/changing the list. With that in mind I'm starting a "my favorite things" tool box. A first aid, fix-it-fast and junk drawer kit. My personal go-to items. A screwdriver, lip balm, scissors, post-it's and whatever in one container. I'll start with basics (e.g. band-aids and superglue), adding things I find useful. If something sits in the box, unused for months, it goes. Eventually, the box will be personalized for me. A unique "list" of necessities, if that makes any sense.

I have a big plastic toolbox, with plenty of compartments, because I think it'll be more convenient than a storage bin.
    But the type of container would also be a personal preference.

Just an idea.
    Good list. The superglue idea is a great one. I use that a lot in woodworking and its just great for quick fixes (usually of mistakes). Thanks very much.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tooth brush.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Hi Bob,

Here is what I recommend to start out.

1. Good Sewer Slinky. I recommend the Camco Rhino Flex.
    2. Camco Sidewinder Sewer Hose Support
    3. Camco Good Water Hose and separate black water flush (I keep 100 feet of water and 25 feet for black tank flush)
    4. 90 degree elbow for water hose entry to the tank/rv
    5. Renator RV Water pressure regulator
    6. Good comprehensive first aid kit
    7. Basic tool kit
    a. Socket/Wrench set
    b. Several adjustable wrenches
    c. Good set of screwdrivers
    d. Allen wrenches
    e. Good Digital Multimeter
    f. Basic plumbing fittings for emergency (Shark Bite style) with some length of Pex hose
    8. Good Wheel Chocks
    9. Rope/Bungie cords
    10. Baic Electrical connectors: and wire Crimp, solder/heat shrink, wago style etc
    11. Wire crimper/stripper
    12. Good Scissors
    13. Assortment of fuses
    14. Good leather gloves and disposable nitrile gloves
    15. HAMMER, never ever forget the hammer!
    16. Good two-way radios for no cell service
    17. If you are able to carry, a spare 20 pound Propane tank

This is a good starter list. Remember, it is all about safety and being able to determine the best set of items to make permanent fixtures in your rig. Also remember, for first aid stuff, it is important to make sure the medicine included, asprin, etc it looked at and replaced at regular intervals to ensure expiration dates are not exceeded.

I am sure others will chime in. Take it all in and put a starter list together and as you go out more, what is important will be come very obvious.

Good Luck!
    Bill
    Perfect list- I would add a Safe Jack but that was one of those ask me how I know lessons.
    Safety first- Enjoy the Journey!
    Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345