User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Harvest Host

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just our observations, all the Harvest Hosts sites we have visited were great, some have accommodations some don't, call ahead for details. It's also a way for the hosts to provide some accommodations to travelers and maybe make a little extra money from their place, good for them. We didn't mind paying the extra for power or water if available, it was cheap. All were easy to get to and we did only stay one night. We have stayed at wineries and museums also and bought some wine or paid for entry to the museum.
    The Pioneer Auto Museum in Murdo SD was great and had a café and store on site, rig parking was the big gravel parking lot. The farm we stayed at near Lexington KY was also a horse ranch, it was beautiful. They are a great alternative to regular campgrounds. We use HH as another tool in our bag of options while traveling.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're also new to HH and are planning a couple of stays on our way out to Yellowstone. But was wondering what you guys mean when you talk about "BDW"s?
    David and Kit
    Long time campers and 1st time fifth wheel owner
    2017 Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins
    2018 Reflection 337RLS, Lambertville, MI

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also considering HH for a few stays along the way from Michigan to Yellowstone and back. Is is ok to leave you unit hooked up as so you don't make as much noise during an early departure? Can you run the slides out without the unit being leveled? Concerned about possible damage running slides out while unit is still hooked to truck?
    David and Kit
    Long time campers and 1st time fifth wheel owner
    2017 Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins
    2018 Reflection 337RLS, Lambertville, MI

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kitster View Post
    We're also new to HH and are planning a couple of stays on our way out to Yellowstone. But was wondering what you guys mean when you talk about "BDW"s?
    BDW's is Boondockers Welcome witch is an add on to HH. It is essentially individuals that allow you to park on their lot or driveway, sometimes have hookups for a fee.
    2023 Imagine AIM 16ML
    2022 Jeep Gladiator
    Wake Forest, North Carolina

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kitster View Post
    Also considering HH for a few stays along the way from Michigan to Yellowstone and back. Is is ok to leave you unit hooked up as so you don't make as much noise during an early departure? Can you run the slides out without the unit being leveled? Concerned about possible damage running slides out while unit is still hooked to truck?
    Curious if 5th wheel is similar or not to a travel trailer (never owned a 5th wheel yet) with respect to leaving it hooked up? I can leave the truck connected and use the tongue jack to level upward if necessary - not too excessively though. If for some reason the front needs to be lowered, then it has to be unhooked or just deal with it out of level for a night if it isn't too bad.

Regarding the slides, there is no issue extending slides when leveling or stabilizer jacks will not be dropped. However, if you will be dropping the leveling or stabilizer jacks, then you need to level first before running the slide out.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Fsalmy , you mentioned on here that your HH parking spot is in a hay field... I sincerely hope that you mention that to every possible guest. If someone like myself were to setup in a cut hayfield I would end up in the ER by morning... I'm highly allergic and my respiratory system would just about shut down.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    @Fsalmy , you mentioned on here that your HH parking spot is in a hay field... I sincerely hope that you mention that to every possible guest. If someone like myself were to setup in a cut hayfield I would end up in the ER by morning... I'm highly allergic and my respiratory system would just about shut down.
    Yep, our listing indicates parking areas are in a well-maintained pasture and a hayfield. We are completely transparent about access (gravel road) and the experience. Depending on time of year and our cutting schedule, the hay can get quite high. That is why we mow paths and parking areas for HH guests. Photos posted by our guests depict our "accommodations" quite well. We are looking at adding some gravel pads, but they will probably still be surrounded by pasture and hay fields, so probably not an option for you.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345