User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hydraulic slide question, May be stupid but here it goes?

We own a 2020 GD Momentum M class 395M, This has always been this way and seems to work fine but looks weird, is it normal. Bringing slides in the slides tip and when they are all the way in they straighten up against the wall, same thing going out. Is this normal , both the large slides do this one on each side of the unit. Like I mentioned they seem to work fine and they do settle against the walls. I guess my question is how much tilt is normal. PS, love the rig. Have never seen a better layout.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220817_124411.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	44678

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screamineagle View Post
    We own a 2020 GD Momentum M class 395M, This has always been this way and seems to work fine but looks weird, is it normal. Bringing slides in the slides tip and when they are all the way in they straighten up against the wall, same thing going out. Is this normal , both the large slides do this one on each side of the unit. Like I mentioned they seem to work fine and they do settle against the walls. I guess my question is how much tilt is normal. PS, love the rig. Have never seen a better layout.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220817_124411.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	44678
    That is a great question. We have electric slide outs that do the same thing. Have done that on ours since day one. Going on three years old now. Still scares me when going out with out heavy kitchen slide as it tips to the outer wall.

I usually busy myself with other setup stuff and have my wife push outs the slides so I don’t have to watch.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All our 5th wheels have acted the same, so I think you're good.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taking a WAG here, but are the floors in the slides level with the main floors when the slides are fully extended? If so, that will explain your situation. The slide tips down at the outside (up at the inside) so that it cal go out, then the inside drops down, bringing the outside up, so put the floors inside and in the slide level with each other.

Several years ago we toured the Newell factory and the tour guide showed this to us. It seemed strange at the time, but after he explained it and demonstrated it it made sense.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same trailer, except it's a Momentum 394M. The only difference is that mine does not have the 1/2 bath in the garage area. My curbside slide was doing exactly what you describe and it finally got to the point that it was starting to bind while coming in.....just a tiny bit. I tried to ignore it for the most part, then my OCD kicked in and I decide to adjust it. Doing the adjustment should be a slow as you go process....taking baby steps in raising the outside edge of the slide. I would adjust a little, then run it in and then back out. Adjust a little more and try it again. I finally got it to where it has zero binding and comes in smooth. The trick is to find the sweet spot....the spot where it comes in smooth, yet you have raised the outside edge so much that it scraped the flooring inside the trailer. Oh, and mine is still tilted a bit coming in, just not as much as it was....and no binding up.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is normal. Every trailer we’ve own has done that. The down side is slide adjustments have to be on the money so that it doesn’t gouge the floor coming in.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine does exactly the same thing. No problems so far, 8 years and running!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    Mine does exactly the same thing. No problems so far, 8 years and running!
    I made adjustments to my curbside...as it was starting to actually bind up at the top part of the slide....it was tilted so much. With it being hydraulic slides, they have enough power to just power through it, but at the risk of damage....so I made the adjustment. Electrically operated ones would probably kick out the breaker before damaging something.....hydraulic, likely would not stop and end up damaging something.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"