User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    You don't need to replace by dropping the underbelly in the 3350. Clear out your basement and take down the bulkhead. You can get to there. Most all the valves will interchange on the flanges. There's plenty of wiggle room with the tanks to be able to pry apart. Depending how wild they cut the basement floor will be how easy it is, and no problem to clean up some of those cuts.
    Thanks, That's encouraging, I'll take a look
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well just another day in the life of an RVer. LOL's. This kind of thing always happens when you don't want it to, it's cold, rainy and lots of sea fog. At lease we don't have the freezing rain, sleet, snow here as they do in central/northern Texas, so thats a good thing. Supposed to clear up Thursday.
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about your Murphy.
    Where are you in Texas? Today in Port Aransas it is 37 deg, wind blowing 19 mph, and "feels like" temp of 27 deg.
    We are in this until Sat when its suppose to warm up.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsdad60 View Post
    Sorry about your Murphy.
    Where are you in Texas? Today in Port Aransas it is 37 deg, wind blowing 19 mph, and "feels like" temp of 27 deg.
    We are in this until Sat when its suppose to warm up.
    Galveston, temp 44 real feel 31, lots of rain. According to ACCU Weather Friday its supposed to be 57 and sunny, Saturday 59 and sunny in Galveston. Just when the new valve is supposed to arrive.
    Glad I'm not up in San Antonio, Austin or up in Dallas!! From the local news they have all kinds of winter weather and vehicle crashes. Saw these people blasting down the highways, come on to a flyover and its like billiard balls bouncing off each other.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to continue my thread in case someone else has this happen. I have a game plan to fix the issue and if you have this happen to you, you can hatch your own plan to fix the issue. see all the pics below.

What happened - When I was dumping the black tank, just as the dump valve was opening, the handle pulled out of the metal handle assembly and right off the inner cable. The tank did start to drain but the valve was not open enough to let the solid contents fully flush out.
    I closed my external Valterra valve to hold the contents and liquids in the pipes. I was concerned that if the liquids drained out the solids would stay trapped at the partially open valve and cause a clog/blockage, my plan at least until I can get the black tank dump valve fully open.

I needed to take the metal thread handle assembly off the cable to get to the inner wire the pull handle attaches to. The metal assembly holding the pull handle just threads onto the plastic cable about 2 inches. Got it off and then had access to the inner pull wire. I drilled a small hole in the nautilus panel near where the pull handle mounts, then stuck the inner wire through the hole and now the plastic pull cable has something to butt up against. Grabbed a hold of the inner wire with some plyers and pulled, the dump valve fully opened.

Now I can flush the black tank and get it cleaned out. There was some clogging /blockage but I got it all out and flushed the tank 3 times. The black tank dump valve is fully open and for now I will use my exterior Valterra valve to control the black tank until I get the black tank valve replaced.

I have a new Valterra dump valve on order and when it arrives I got a plan to replace it or the cable which ever I need to do.
    I found out the pull handle inner wire goes into the pull handle about half inch and the end of the pull handle is crimped to the wire. Well I guess it wasn't crimped very well so once the the valve was a little hard to open the handle just pulled right off the inner wire.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4169.jpg   IMG_4167.jpg   IMG_4162.jpg   IMG_4163.jpg  
    Last edited by Steven@147; 02-04-2023 at 08:17 AM. Reason: additional

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the new Valterra dump valve and checked it out for all parts being there. You get the valve, cable, seals and new bolts and a bracket I don't think I'll need. I did get an additional seal kit just in case I mangle a new seal putting this thing together.

I will say I'm not looking forward to doing this repair and I have no idea exactly where the dump valve is located, how it's orientated, how the cable is run to it or what/where the cable is strapped down to stuff. I assume the valve is at the outside end of the tank nearest the left frame, but I don't know. I can not see it through the cut hole in the floor in the storage compartment behind the wall. I can not open the floor hole anymore or I'll run into where the water pump is located. I can see where the toilet pipe goes into the tank but that's it. So I guess I'll have to pull back the left rear corner of the forward half of the coroplast under the rig to get to the valve. If my original Bristol valve has a replaceable cable I could use the the new Valterra cable to fix it. If not I'll have to replace the whole dump valve.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4164.jpg   IMG_4165.jpg   IMG_4166.jpg   IMG_1944 (2).jpg  
    Last edited by Steven@147; 02-04-2023 at 09:07 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Got the new Valterra dump valve and checked it out for all parts being there. You get the valve, cable, seals and new bolts and a bracket I don't think I'll need. I did get an additional seal kit just in case I mangle a new seal putting this thing together.

I will say I'm not looking forward to doing this repair and I have no idea exactly where the dump valve is located, how it's orientated, how the cable is run to it or what/where the cable is strapped down to stuff. I assume the valve is at the outside end of the tank nearest the left frame, but I don't know. I can't see it through the cut hole in the floor in the storage compartment behind the wall. I can't open the floor hole anymore or I'll run into where the water pump is located. I can see where the toilet pipe goes into the tank but that's it. So I guess I'll have to pull back the left front corner of the coroplast under the rig to get to the valve. If my original Bristol valve has a replaceable cable I could use the the new Valterra cable to fix it. If not I'll have to replace the whole dump valve.
    If you have a Bristol valve you may want to get a Bristol valve replacement in hopes the cable is replaceable.

My Bristol valve had a piece of formed plastic attached to the valve end of the cable housing which slid into the mating groves of the Bristol valve and held with a screw. This was a Bristol valve custom connection so a Ventura valve may be different. The purpose of the plastic piece attached to the cable is to provide a fixed point to lock the cable housing to the valve body so the cable sheath does not move when the cable is pulled.

Since you said the valve opened when you pulled on the cable with vice grips you may want to try and replace the cable and not the entire valve. If it were me I would order the Bristol valve to have on hand.

I replaced a kitchen grey valve and it was a total PIA with nasty smelling water. I hope to never have to do a black tank valve. If I ever need to replace a black valve I would look for a disposable hazmat suit, lots of rags and put down a large tarp that can be tossed when done. No matter how well you clean the tank out there will be nasty water dripping out.

On my Reflection 337 I had to drop the belly cover back to the steps to get to the valves.

Good luck
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is my Bristol valve. This was a warranty valve from GD and has the glue on connectors. The valve comes apart at the bolts. The Phillips head screw holds the custom end of the cable housing to the body of the valve. The cable wire extends down to the silver metal piece with the set screw.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1CDC2935-2E66-4DC8-8B1E-22B9EF6AB211.jpeg 
Views:	13 
Size:	845.6 KB 
ID:	44774Click image for larger version. 

Name:	800101F1-7B55-4B69-963A-EEA8E6AD750E.jpeg 
Size:	469.0 KB 
ID:	44775Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E83279AD-459A-4014-9C62-455181C29847.jpeg 
Size:	304.0 KB 
ID:	44776Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AB21EB81-E0FF-4F1B-98E4-1342003E096B.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	44777
    Last edited by Always Learning; 02-04-2023 at 09:14 AM.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to pull the black tank valve when Peggy dropped a bottle down the toilet. Honestly it wasn't that bad. Not something I'd want to do very often, but just a bit of smelly water.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See the problem I am running into is that the Lasalle Bristol valve 34466N4BB72GM or GDRV part number 310112 is not the part number that has a replaceable cable. Then when inquiring about the LaSalle Bristol valve that has the replaceable cable they don't seem to know about it and I can't find or get the part number and even then they say LaSalle Bristol does not market just a replaceable cable for order. They did say (etrailer) the Valterra cable should/might work if you do have a bristol valve with a replaceable cable. It all got so convoluted that I gave up trying to find the right LaSalle Bristol valve and just ordered the Valterra. I'll know more when I get an eyeball on the valve.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast