User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    See the problem I am running into is that the Lasalle Bristol valve 34466N4BB72GM or GDRV part number 310112 is not the part number that has a replaceable cable. Then when inquiring about the LaSalle Bristol valve that has the replaceable cable they don't seem to know about it and I can't find or get the part number and even then they say LaSalle Bristol does not market just a replaceable cable for order. They did say (etrailer) the Valterra cable should/might work if you do have a bristol valve with a replaceable cable. It all got so convoluted that I gave up trying to find the right LaSalle Bristol valve and just ordered the Valterra. I'll know more when I get an eyeball on the valve.
    I suspect that you will not be able to order just the cable but would need to order the entire valve. If you look at the valve in the following link you can see the set screw on the end of the valve where the cable enters the neck of the valve. Looks just like the valve I have. If you order one you just have to get the correct cable length.

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Waste-Va...CABEgJuHPD_BwE
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This link has your part number and you can see the set screw in the video.

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Waste-Va...6N4BB72GM.html
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IIRC, the Valterra valve I bought to replace the OEM did have the replaceable cable. A set screw held it in. As to where you could get just a replacement cable. The only way might be to fabricate your own.

After doing some searching I found that Valterra does indeed sell just the replacement cables. https://www.valterra.com/product-cat...ainless-steel/
    Last edited by Hoopy Frood; 02-04-2023 at 10:17 AM.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've replaced a black and gray valve and believe it or not, the black was better than the gray smellwise.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well here you go, this is what is in our 2019 Solitude for the black tank dump valve. It's a LaSalle/Bristol with a non-replaceable cable. OMG what a mess of wires and stuff. The dump valve is not on the end of the tank but close to the back side middle. The sewer pipe turns outward just after the valve.

Additionally you can see the black tank sensors and the tank flush connection (black flex hose). Also another pull cable for the grey tank passes around the black tank dump valve. And you also see the terrible factory wiring technique you have to deal with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1643.jpg   IMG_1648.jpg  
    Last edited by Steven@147; 02-05-2023 at 06:36 AM. Reason: additional
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well here you go, this is what is in our 2019 Solitude for the black tank dump valve. It's a LaSalle/Bristol with a non-replaceable cable. OMG what a mess of wires and stuff. The dump valve is not on the end of the tank but close to the middle. The sewer pipe turns outward just after the valve.
    Not terrible. Make sure to put some absorbent material down under thr valve for when you break the connection. Remove the 4 nuts and bolts and the valve will come out. Hope your piping has enough play to get it back together easily. Make sure when installing the new valve you don't pinch the orings and ensure the cable bend radius isn't too tight or you will have trouble operating the valve.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Not terrible. Make sure to put some absorbent material down under thr valve for when you break the connection. Remove the 4 nuts and bolts and the valve will come out. Hope your piping has enough play to get it back together easily. Make sure when installing the new valve you don't pinch the orings and ensure the cable bend radius isn't too tight or you will have trouble operating the valve.
    I was thinking I would fully rinse dump the black tank, then raise the rear of the RV so that any residual liquid in the tank would settle forward and not drip out the back side of the tank. Also remove or loosen the band clamp around the output external pipe bracket, that might give enough play to get the valve out and in.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 02-04-2023 at 11:56 AM. Reason: additional
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please keep us updated on your progress. Looks like a project. We also live full time in our trailer so I know how these projects go. You can’t tear it apart and work on it for the next couple of weeks. Once you start you need to get a resolution so you can keep living in the trailer. Hope it works out to be an easy fix.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    Please keep us updated on your progress. Looks like a project. We also live full time in our trailer so I know how these projects go. You can’t tear it apart and work on it for the next couple of weeks. Once you start you need to get a resolution so you can keep living in the trailer. Hope it works out to be an easy fix.
    Absolutely, and It's done! I didn't physically feel up to doing the job, bad knees, bad cold, crawling around underneath, lying on my back and also Tami can not get into the storage compartment to help run the new pull cable. So it would have meant getting up down, up and down.

So I had a mobile tech come out and install the new Valterra gate valve. When setting the appointment, they asked if they had done this for us before. We said no, they said that's funny we just did the same repair for another Solitude S Class, same year, same problem, they also already had a new Valterra replacement valve.
    New Valterra gate valve worked perfect, the techs were great, NRVTA certified, very professional, got the job done @ 30-40 minutes, no problems, no spills, they tested the new gate valve for leaks, got the Coroplast down and back up, all screws back where they were. all is well again. The pull cable works great and very smooth.

I usually do repairs/maintenance myself but this time I just didn't feel up to it. I felt kind of guilty paying for something I could have done myself and it cost us a few bucks. Tami said look at all the things you have repaired yourself and saved us money. It's not a bad thing to have someone else do it once in awhile.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 02-08-2023 at 07:39 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely, and It's done! I didn't physically feel up to doing the job, bad knees, bad cold, crawling around underneath, lying on my back and also Tami can not get into the storage compartment to help run the new pull cable. So it would have meant getting up down, up and down.

So I had a mobile tech come out and install the new Valterra gate valve. When setting the appointment, they asked if they had done this for us before. We said no, they said that's funny we just did the same repair for another Solitude S Class, same year, same problem, they also already had a new Valterra replacement valve.
    New Valterra gate valve worked perfect, the techs were great, NRVTA certified, very professional, got the job done @ 30-40 minutes, no problems, no spills, they tested the new gate valve for leaks, got the Coroplast down and back up, all screws back where they were. all is well again. The pull cable works great and very smooth.

I usually do repairs/maintenance myself but this time I just didn't feel up to it. I felt kind of guilty paying for something I could have done myself and it cost us a few bucks. Tami said look at all the things you have repaired yourself and saved us money. It's not a bad thing to have someone else do it once in awhile.
    Great to hear you got it fixed and that you found a good tech to do it. Unfortunately my experience with mobile RV techs goes from bad to worse. I understand the getting up and down and crawling around, getting harder all the time. Where are you right now and can you provide contact for the tech? We travel the west and I keep a list of recommended techs incase we are someplace and need work.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast