User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just picked up a 2023 2670MK last Saturday, and as part of the deal I requested dual batteries. When I got home I checked and they are only 81Ah Interstate lead acid batteries, so definitely check to see what the dealer gave you. I checked the battery monitor and it looks like the fridge is pulling 3.5 amps when the compressor is running (after the initial cool-down).

I'll be swapping them out for a 300Ah LiFePO4 which should give me around 3 times the storage. (50% of 162Ah = 81Ah vs. 80% of 300Ah = 240Ah) and 25lbs less weight. The trailer came with a WFCO WF-9955-AD converter/charger which they claim automatically senses the battery type and will charge flooded as well as LiFePO4 batteries.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RubiconMike View Post
    ... The trailer came with a WFCO WF-9955-AD converter/charger which they claim automatically senses the battery type and will charge flooded as well as LiFePO4 batteries.
    There have been reports of the WFCO AD converter-chargers either not detecting the lithium batteries, not achieving high enough charging voltages, and/or not switching charging modes properly. That was the case with ours and I switched it out for a Progressive Dynamics converter-charger. Use and meter and make sure everything is as it should be.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just picked up a 2023 2670MK last Saturday, and as part of the deal I requested dual batteries. When I got home I checked and they are only 81Ah Interstate lead acid batteries, so definitely check to see what the dealer gave you. I checked the battery monitor and it looks like the fridge is pulling 3.5 amps when the compressor is running (after the initial cool-down).

I'll be swapping them out for a 300Ah LiFePO4 which should give me around 3 times the storage. (50% of 162Ah = 81Ah vs. 80% of 300Ah = 240Ah) and 25lbs less weight. The trailer came with a WFCO WF-9955-AD converter/charger which they claim automatically senses the battery type and will charge flooded as well as LiFePO4 batteries.
    That's good news on the amp draw of the fridge. I was using 8 amps based on someone post in a different thread. I haven't had a chance to try our new one yet because we picked it up a couple weeks ago and, you know, it's sub zero temps in MN right now.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    That's good news on the amp draw of the fridge. I was using 8 amps based on someone post in a different thread. I haven't had a chance to try our new one yet because we picked it up a couple weeks ago and, you know, it's sub zero temps in MN right now.
    Yes, it was about 7.5 amps when I first fired it up, but after it cooled down it dropped to 3.5 as it cycled on and off.
    I'm in northern CA and it's around 55, FWIW.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    There have been reports of the WFCO AD converter-chargers either not detecting the lithium batteries, not achieving high enough charging voltages, and/or not switching charging modes properly. That was the case with ours and I switched it out for a Progressive Dynamics converter-charger. Use and meter and make sure everything is as it should be.

Rob
    Yep, that's why I said "they claim".

I know they use the cheapest hardware on RVs, and I'll be doing a complete overhaul on the electrical system with more solar, an inverter and and a transfer switch to power the 110v outlets from the battery. I did a similar makeover on my Class A and it worked out well.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it was about 7.5 amps when I first fired it up, but after it cooled down it dropped to 3.5 as it cycled on and off.
    I'm in northern CA and it's around 55, FWIW.
    Thanks. And 55 sounds glorious.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    Thanks. And 55 sounds glorious.
    Ha ha, I grew up in WI, so I have sympathy for you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Keep in mind it will cycle. So I would think it would even out on the soc. Meaning if it does take 8 amps (would think closer to 6), and 50% cycle would only average 3 or 4 amps per hour.

Should be able to run all travel day easily with a fully charged battery at the start.
    I just pulled my absorption fridge last week and put one of the new Arctic Furrion 10CF in its place. I can verify 3.6 Amps an hour after it's cold. 6 Amps for the first 3 hours.

Calculate your load per Rob's post-

BTW- the post recall new models are super quiet and reading freezer/ fridge temps of -4 and 38 respectively in the middle setting (outdoor temp averaging 50 degrees) Your beer should be cold and your eggs not frozen.
    Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12