User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to give the stock ones a try and upgrade if needed.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbrozowski View Post
    I was going to give the stock ones a try and upgrade if needed.
    We found, in that trailer, that we actually liked the stock fan with a cover in the bathroom for keeping moisture moving when showering.

We ended up swapping the other fan with a Maxxair and it was super nice. It really kind of requires you open a window when running because it moves so much air. But I haven’t prioritized that swap in our new trailer because unless you are foregoing AC/heat, you just don’t use it much. When we start going back to state/natl parks in the new trailer, it’ll be time to upgrade.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbrozowski View Post
    Thx for your advice.
    I am now the owner of a new GD Imagine XLS 17MKE. I was able to negotiate the price down to my satisfaction. The things I still need I will get on Amazon (or elsewhere) and do the work myself.
    I appreciate everyone who took the time to respond- take care,
    C u on the road…
    Mike
    Congrats, it's a very popular model for good reasons. Enjoy
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea on the fan. Thx

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth13777 View Post
    We found, in that trailer, that we actually liked the stock fan with a cover in the bathroom for keeping moisture moving when showering.

We ended up swapping the other fan with a Maxxair and it was super nice. It really kind of requires you open a window when running because it moves so much air. But I haven’t prioritized that swap in our new trailer because unless you are foregoing AC/heat, you just don’t use it much. When we start going back to state/natl parks in the new trailer, it’ll be time to upgrade.
    That's a good tip. I like the idea of leaving the bathroom fan with a vent cover, and putting a Maxxair in the bedroom instead.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As we were talking with the dealer, finalizing the deal, they gave us a $2000 "allowance" for the hitch, toppers, etc. Nowhere near enough, and it was actually an addition to the price. We were told that batteries were standard, and since we wanted the lithium ones, we would have to buy the lithium ones at full price and we would then get the standard batteries in addition. We could do what we wanted with them. When came time to pick up the trailer, though, suddenly the trailer doesn't come with any batteries, so buyers pay full price for whatever batteries they wanted.

We also paid $300 for the "starter" kit. We didn't need it, but we plan on including it with the Foretravel, since the buyer is flying in from Europe.

I'm surprised (not really) that tires aren't optional. I believe that any trailer Grand Design sells is required to have brakes, and most brakes are operated by the trailer battery in case of a break-away. To me, that means that at least a small battery would be required. As someone said on another thread, we put up with stuff with our recreational vehicles that we wouldn't tolerate for a second with our cars and trucks.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0zke View Post
    As we were talking with the dealer, finalizing the deal, they gave us a $2000 "allowance" for the hitch, toppers, etc. Nowhere near enough, and it was actually an addition to the price. We were told that batteries were standard, and since we wanted the lithium ones, we would have to buy the lithium ones at full price and we would then get the standard batteries in addition. We could do what we wanted with them. When came time to pick up the trailer, though, suddenly the trailer doesn't come with any batteries, so buyers pay full price for whatever batteries they wanted.

We also paid $300 for the "starter" kit. We didn't need it, but we plan on including it with the Foretravel, since the buyer is flying in from Europe.

I'm surprised (not really) that tires aren't optional. I believe that any trailer Grand Design sells is required to have brakes, and most brakes are operated by the trailer battery in case of a break-away. To me, that means that at least a small battery would be required. As someone said on another thread, we put up with stuff with our recreational vehicles that we wouldn't tolerate for a second with our cars and trucks.
    I've never heard of not getting a battery with an RV (used or new). We had to convince the dealer to please put the new battery in the LDE we just purchased into the MLE we traded in as we have a lithium battery and no need for a new lead acid. They finally did it, but they really felt like we needed a battery in the RV before we left. But you mention the brakes...I don't know how much voltage the brakes need but I didn't notice any problem stopping on our 90 mile drive home so guess the voltage from the truck harness provides enough for the trailer brakes? Either that or our new truck just has much better brakes than our old F150 had.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    I've never heard of not getting a battery with an RV (used or new). We had to convince the dealer to please put the new battery in the LDE we just purchased into the MLE we traded in as we have a lithium battery and no need for a new lead acid. They finally did it, but they really felt like we needed a battery in the RV before we left. But you mention the brakes...I don't know how much voltage the brakes need but I didn't notice any problem stopping on our 90 mile drive home so guess the voltage from the truck harness provides enough for the trailer brakes? Either that or our new truck just has much better brakes than our old F150 had.
    The battery for the brakes is for the break away switch in the event the truck and trailer are separated during travel, the brakes will engage on the trailer. I'm surprised the dealer let you leave without a battery....well, maybe not so surprised.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    The battery for the brakes is for the break away switch in the event the truck and trailer are separated during travel, the brakes will engage on the trailer. I'm surprised the dealer let you leave without a battery....well, maybe not so surprised.
    I could tell he wasn't sure about it but he didn't say why. I assumed it was because he didn't want to take the battery out and put it in our trade (time/effort). I honestly forgot about the breakaway switch needing the battery. Well, based on what I've seen on the road over the years I would say it wasn't the worst thing in the world to take it one time that way, but I'll always have my lithium battery in it now so it won't happen again.
    Chad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12